The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Feedback

Socinus

I've been using the Glaive for a while now and I have to say I'm impressed but there's room for improvement.

First off, it's hands down my favorite weapon so far. In terms of flavor and utility it is amazing.

That said, I was a little disappointed to see it couldn't hit multiple targets. It also seems a little janky in terms of bouncing it off walls to hit targets you cant necessarily see; it works sometimes and not others.

For a refference to a similar type of weapon from another game that is my absolute favorite weapon of all time in any game EVER, see the Wingsticks from RAGE. Using how a Windstick works as a pattern for the Glaive I think would produce a truly amazing weapon.

If you're on the fence about dropping money for Platinum, this is the weapon that should push you to do it.

Edited by Socinus

It CAN hit multiple targets, but it's hard unless you utilize the return on your weapon because it bounces otherwise.  When the glaive starts returning to you, it won't deviate unless there's a wall in the way, so it'll cut through all the enemies between it and you.  It's situational though, because if you hit anything at all, it'll ricochet and it'll be difficult to predict the return path.

The Glaive should either have a dual version which allows people to throw one and keep one for melee or throw both one after the other.

The current implementation has problems with the lack of puncture so it cant go through multiple targets including other players thus resulting in it being a pain to use except against single targets without anyone nearby.

It CAN hit multiple targets, but it's hard unless you utilize the return on your weapon because it bounces otherwise.  When the glaive starts returning to you, it won't deviate unless there's a wall in the way, so it'll cut through all the enemies between it and you.  It's situational though, because if you hit anything at all, it'll ricochet and it'll be difficult to predict the return path.

As far as I've seen, it doesn't hit targets while returning.

The wingstick was from RAGE if I recall.

Erg! I stand corrected XD Thank you

Edited by Socinus

I don't have much to say at the moment since i just got home from watching Iron Man 3, and getting disappointed with it (this is not the Mandarin you are looking for).

I liked the glaive. It has uniqueness. But it's a toy. I won't replace my Scindo and Fragor (And Dual Ethers for some occasions) for it anytime soon.

It lacks agility, lacks damage, it's overly complicated to hit more than one enemy with it, useless at point blank, slow flight time and the fact that it bounces back from hitting one single meaty target that it slices in half makes no sense whatsoever in my opinion.

It looks fairly cool, but haven't tried it yet. However i use my melee weapons For melee, and it seems somewhat impractical to throw it  when i could just use the primary or secondary weapons. It looks like it would be cool for actual melee especially if they make a dual-wield version, be like a whirlwind of pain, but not as a range weapon.

Based on looking at other people use it and what they have said about it, it is an overall good weapon. I don't use money, so im hoping that it will eventually show up in one of the alert missions, but until then, it has been doing well for those who have used it. The only thing I might suggest is the sound. It gets quite annoying when someone is using it over and over again...

I actually went ahead and got the Dark Sector game off Steam to get a feel of how the Glaive was.

In my opinion; Since we're charging up to throw anyway, the Glaive should react like its been charged in Dark Sector, flying straight through multiple opponents before ricochet-ing.

Perhaps a maximum of 3 before it does?

I think there are two main problems with it.

1. It is blade weapon but it doesn't cut through the first enemy it contact during the flight but bounce off and madly ricocheting around the area.

2. Host the game and all Glaive kills counted as melee kill. Off-host doesn't count as melee kill.

Would it be better if the ricochet feature is removed and give it a limited homing capability? Or give it straight line damage with shorter range?

It's fun but hitting multiple targets require more luck than skill. Perhaps it's still new and I'm suck using it.