The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Glaive Blueprint? Fine, No Support From Me.

Sikab

Stuff like this Glaive incident bring a bad reputation to this game and make them see like EA. No one wants to be like EA...

In no way does this make them seem anything like EA.

Game is still in its early stages. I totally understand why DE did this - new weapon. People want. Have people who really want it, pay for it. F2P is F2P. P2P people should be able to get more of what they want, since they pay to support the game. Given that this is a young game, I'm sure that DE didn't foresee the implications of hyping up such a badass weapon and then making it plat only (with RNG for F2P's). But they don't deserve all this negativity and complaining.

I honestly don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it. Note, I am not a P2P elitist either. I only pay for extra warframe and weapon slots. I like the idea of the RNG thing. I don't like instant gratification. If I did, then I would pay for it. 

That was somewhat of an incomprehensible rant, I apologize. Basically, if you want it so bad - pay for it. This game is F2P. Be happy it's not like a handful of other games where you have no chance of getting a badass item without real cash. 

Edited by Fornicate

Except for the fact that (and this has been stated before) they didn't do the hyping. The community did. They didn't even know if they were allowed to talk about it last livestream! And like I said before, the difference between hype (which builds interest UNTIL release with fast falloff) and genuine interest (which builds interest THROUGH release and has a very slow falloff which is offset further by new players) is hard to gauge, and people other than marketers don't get paid to tell the difference.

This is a fair argument. The rest falls down to preference, as I value communication in a developer strongly. That they weren't fully honest when they realised how hyped the weapon was bothers me - but then, if it truly was last minute, they wouldn't have had the time to do it.

The people responsible for working with the community, the people responsible for developing, and the people responsible for financial decisions are usually kept in seperate boxes. The special alert (which I SOOOO want myself) would require the first to get the second and third on board. The second would likely go for it, the third would likely want to use this for datagathering to see how to avoid poking the angry community lion with pointy sticks in the future.

The smart decision is to let this one go and THEN not let these kinds of things happen in the future, or at least mitigate the consequences.

Sounds like they need a matrix-type organisation instead of a silo-type. :p

/has no idea what he's talking about, that class is extraordinarily boring for him

But fair enough, really. DE usually does something whenever the community explodes like this, so let's see what happens.

If they want it to be on par with the Dark Sword...why is it buyable with plat?

think about it

an item that everyone wants, anticipates and is hyped for, perfect opportunity to get some extra cash

it sounds selfish and avarice-like, but are we not greedy ourselves when we want the blueprint available for credits, no for FREE?

It changed your view because you are crying over a weapon not because of what they have done because this is not a new practice.

No i thought the whole potatoe thing was pretty bad. But with the live stream alerts its actually farily consistent.

I Believe that anything significant in game should be available through ingame means. (make it a challenge or make it grind if you want to keep it rare)

The other alert weapons are mostly reskins of weapons we can already get.

The glaive is 1 of a kind. If they added 2 new ranged melee weapons like:

1 the glaive for plat only

2 a throwing axe that looks like a turd with similar stats

Then nobody would care. In essence the glaive would be a 10$ skin at that point.

So in my mind DE went from fun comunity oriented dev team to cheap trick money makers.

Edited by cknives

This is a fair argument. The rest falls down to preference, as I value communication in a developer strongly. That they weren't fully honest when they realised how hyped the weapon was bothers me - but then, if it truly was last minute, they wouldn't have had the time to do it.

Sounds like they need a matrix-type organisation instead of a silo-type. :p

/has no idea what he's talking about, that class is extraordinarily boring for him

But fair enough, really. DE usually does something whenever the community explodes like this, so let's see what happens.

I do need to assert that this is based on my own experience in the industry and I have NO CLUE what DE is set up like. I'm taking what I see happening, and applying it to my experience, and putting it out there as a rational viewpoint on what's going on.

One VERY VERY IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER about all of this is that in F2P, CUSTOMER LOYALTY beats SHORT TERM INCOME in every. single. way. That's why I call a lot of what I see flying about here irrational.

EDIT: poop typing

Edited by nullqasael

Game is still in its early stages. I totally understand why DE did this - new weapon. People want. Have people who really want it, pay for it. F2P is F2P. P2P people should be able to get more of what they want, since they pay to support the game. Given that this is a young game, I'm sure that DE didn't foresee the implications of hyping up such a badass weapon and then making it plat only (with RNG for F2P's). But they don't deserve all this negativity and complaining.

I honestly don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it. Note, I am not a P2P elitist either. I only pay for extra warframe and weapon slots. I like the idea of the RNG thing. I don't like instant gratification. If I did, then I would pay for it. 

That was somewhat of an incomprehensible rant, I apologize. Basically, if you want it so bad - pay for it. This game is F2P. Be happy it's not like a handful of other games where you have no chance of getting a badass item without real cash. 

P2P ppl should only get cosmetics or convenience purchasers, not a "headstart" into new content.

I wish I could buy the Dark Sword since I don't have the luck for getting the alert with life

:(

That's why I don't understand why ppl call Glaive a Rare weapon... Dark Sword is rare!
Edited by Sikab

P2P ppl should only get cosmetics or convenience purchasers, not a "headstart" into new content.

It's not a head start in terms of "let's give all the paying customers the stuff first then put it out there for the others later". It's a head start in terms of "We want to fill out this item availability tier (i.e., heat dagger) and non-paying customers will end up potentially waiting longer to get it due to the mechanics involved. We can either abandon this availability tier (creating a lot of legacy/cruft code, potentially pushing back release of the reinforcement patch) or just stick with it until we can MAKE it work."

A bit too much dude kkk!

It is much... that's why we are sad they decided to change.

It's not a head start in terms of "let's give all the paying customers the stuff first then put it out there for the others later". It's a head start in terms of "We want to fill out this item availability tier (i.e., heat dagger) and non-paying customers will end up potentially waiting longer to get it due to the mechanics involved. We can either abandon this availability tier (creating a lot of legacy/cruft code, potentially pushing back release of the reinforcement patch) or just stick with it until we can MAKE it work."

That was a lot of nonsense, you know that, right?
Edited by Sikab

No i thought the whole potatoe thing was pretty bad. But with the live stream alerts its actually farily consistent.

I Believe that anything significant in game should be available through ingame means. (make it a challenge or make it grind if you want to keep it rare)

The other alert weapons are mostly reskins of weapons we can already get.

The glaive is 1 of a kind. If they added 2 new ranged melee weapons like:

1 the glaive for plat only

2 a throwing axe that looks like a turd with similar stats

Then nobody would care. In essence the glaive would be a 10$ skin at that point.

So in my mind DE went from fun comunity oriented dev team to cheap trick money makers.

Yes, i hear you..... "Me want Glaive NAAAOOHHH!"

Sorry but that is not any sort of thoughtful or very constructive argument.

key word there "convenience purchases"

buying with plat instead of waiting for alert is convinient

Edited by Guest

DE didn't do any hyping, the community did it themselves. You all only have yourselves to blame. Also, I have a feeling that the main reason it's even available through plat as well as through alerts is that there would be at least a few people able to play test the glaive and give feedback on it.

Also, 90% of you are so entitled it's @(*()$ ridiculous. Grow up please.

Edited by Avenwing

Heat dagger
Dark dagger
Ceramic dagger
Heat sword
Plasma sword
Dark sword
Jaw sword
Pangolin sword

All of these things drop from alerts

Heat Dagger can also be obtained with plat.

Frankly speaking, they added in a new rare weapon, and allowed for people to purchase it directly from the cash shop.

Heat dagger

Dark dagger

Ceramic dagger

Heat sword

Plasma sword

Dark sword

Jaw sword

Pangolin sword

All of these things drop from alerts

Heat Dagger can also be obtained with plat.

Frankly speaking, they added in a new rare weapon, and allowed for people to purchase it directly from the cash shop.

You forgot ALL of the alternate helmets for warframes as well. 13 items with the same type of availability came along before the Glaive.

Edited by Avenwing

key word here convinience purchases

buying with plat instead of waiting for alert is convinient

Key word here is Rip-off.

A Weapon Slot, or warframe slot is a convenient purchase. You get the decision of you want to keep all of your Frames, or sell the unneeded ones.

How you decide about Glaive which1 to keep? Right, you can't. Since it's the only one.

People think different ways, and while your view on this subject is not wrong, I feel that cosmetics and convenience would not generate enough to support the game. This is debatable and solely my opinion. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't quite remember (and I asked this in another thread too), but wasn't the Paris plat only at first? 

DE didn't do any hyping, the community did it themselves. You all only have yourselves to blame. Also, I have a feeling that the main reason it's even available through plat as well as through alerts is that there would be at least a few people able to play test the glaive and give feedback on it.

Also, 90% of you are so entitled it's @(*()$ ridiculous. Grow up please.

You're almost entirely right, but being a jerk about it just makes people feel like they HAVE to fight. You're calling them out. That's only going to extend it.

They're not wrong in the sense of being stupid or entitled. They're wrong in not knowing the inner dynamics of a company, forgetting the game is in beta (at this level of polish, that's DAMNED easy), misinterpreting the signs and MOST IMPORTANTLY forgetting that Game Companies Are Run By Humans Who Are Not Perfect And Who Fail. When you get blindsided by something, and get angry, these things happen.

Remember what it says when you log into Warframe and open up region chat. It WORKS.

One VERY VERY IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER about all of this is that in F2P, CUSTOMER LOYALTY beats SHORT TERM INCOME in every. single. way. That's why I call a lot of what I see flying about here irrational.

Agreed, but that's also a reason the thing with the Glaive puts me off. I don't see how it will improve customer loyalty at all, to be honest.

People think different ways, and while your view on this subject is not wrong, I feel that cosmetics and convenience would not generate enough to support the game. This is debatable and solely my opinion. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't quite remember (and I asked this in another thread too), but wasn't the Paris plat only at first? 

I know I'll get flamed for it.

But League of Legends is a perfect example of how a friendly marketing can make players to pay!

Imagine if RIOT Games would only make Available the new Champions for RP... What do they do?

They make all of them available day1 for IP too. The only thing you can buy is Skins, Champions, and Boosts.

Out of that 3, Skins and Boosts are convenience. Champions are the Core of the game, just as Weapons are a core of this game. Trying to make Cash from something that should be default is cheap.