The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix The Gordon

Fleija

I don't want the game to be some slow paced game.

Hey... Wanna hear a secret?

*spoiler alert*

You can always use a different gun

*end spoiler*

I know, I know.... I speak madness-- but it's certainly an option.

Edited by Qzzrbl

Hey... Wanna hear a secret?

*spoiler alert*

You can always use a different gun

*end spoiler*

I know, I know.... I speak madness-- but it's certainly an option.

I don't want to use a different gun. I worked hard to get to that rank. If you are just going to value it like that then they can always just put the gorgon back to the way it was and you can use that other gun you must like, that I don't.   Besides standing still in a shooter is such a newbie thing to do. They could weigh the gorgon down a bit but forcing us into immobilization, no thanks. I'm playing Warframe not SWTOR bounty hunters/troopers.

Edited by BloodDoll

Gorgon wasn't working as it was supposed to pre-patch. Now its more in line with its intended function. Lead hose. I'm sure we've all noticed by now a theme in Grineer weaponry. High fire rate, spotty accuracy. Guess I'm just gonna follow Moonicus around all evening.

Now if only that was true for the Grineer instead of having 100% accuracy...

I don't want to use a different gun. I worked hard to get to that rank. If you are just going to value it like that then they can always just put the gorgon back to the way it was and you can use that other gun you must like, that I don't.   Besides standing still in a shooter is such a newbie thing to do. They could weigh the gorgon down a bit but forcing us into immobilization, no thanks. I'm playing Warframe not SWTOR bounty hunters/troopers.

I'm sorry, but you don't seem to be grasping the concept of "balance".

The Gorgon was a -monster- before this patch. Seriously, you didn't need anything else.

A gorgon. Some mods-- and boom. You were able to single-handedly pass out red-hot alien spankings to anything this game threw at you without so much as breaking a sweat. I bet you didn't even use your warframe's abilities unless you were careless enough to get swarmed. (I know you're going to say that you did)

The gun was broken and overpowered.

Now it's fixed.

Maybe fixed a little -too- much, but fixed nonetheless.

The best thing to do now would bring up ideas that would get us to that happy medium where it's still a viable weapon, but not overshadowing literally everything.

The best suggestion that makes the most sense thus far would be rendering the user immobile.

You can bellyache about how "newbie" it is, but with a proper warframe setup, standing completely still while unleashing the gorgon's former glory isn't such a bad idea.

I'm sorry, but you don't seem to be grasping the concept of "balance".

The Gorgon was a -monster- before this patch. Seriously, you didn't need anything else.

A gorgon. Some mods-- and boom. You were able to single-handedly pass out red-hot alien spankings to anything this game threw at you without so much as breaking a sweat. I bet you didn't even use your warframe's abilities unless you were careless enough to get swarmed. (I know you're going to say that you did)

The gun was broken and overpowered.

Now it's fixed.

Maybe fixed a little -too- much, but fixed nonetheless.

The best thing to do now would bring up ideas that would get us to that happy medium where it's still a viable weapon, but not overshadowing literally everything.

The best suggestion that makes the most sense thus far would be rendering the user immobile.

You can bellyache about how "newbie" it is, but with a proper warframe setup, standing completely still while unleashing the gorgon's former glory isn't such a bad idea.

Ehh, the Boltor was just as good as the Gorgon when talking about mobs that had high armor, and it was a lot more ammo efficient.  You have to be joking to say that it used to overshadow everything when there are guns such as the Akbolos, Boltor, or the Hek.    

Ehh, the Boltor was just as good as the Gorgon when talking about mobs that had high armor, and it was a lot more ammo efficient.  You have to be joking to say that it used to overshadow everything when there are guns such as the Akbolos, Boltor, or the Hek.    

Maybe they can do away with the gorgon reloads. And have reload mods affect/reduce the spin-up time.

It might put it a bit in the realm of a jokey weapon like the twin vipers, but at least it plays in to the character of the gun, rather then give it a bit of everything (spin up *and* slow reload?). Leave some space for other heavy machine gun type weapons with their own peculiar, er, peculiarities (belt fed type gun that needs the slow reload characteristic).

The Gorgon shouldn't have any reload at all, just one large magazine.

The Gorgon was too versatile pre-patch, I always saw it more as a boss-kill weapon rather than a normal weapon you use for waves or missions.

It's a high sustain dmg weapon perfect for medium range engagements with a boss, especially things like the Jackal to make them stagger continuously. Heavy Machineguns are support weapons.

Not to mention on a mag with bullet attractor its still the S#&$.

I think the Gorgon has now found the right niche as a weapon.