The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kusarigama Anytime Soon?

__Kanade__

I don't want a huge scythe weapon. I would love a Kusarigama type weapon if they could instead. The scythe look's intimidating for the most part but it was not a practical weapon. They severed in peasant uprising though history but never a military weapon, the issue being like most polearm weapons was the weight....what am I saying, bring on the scythe. This is a bloody space ninja type game with power suits designed for killing. It doesn't matter if the scythe is not a practical weapon or not.

Edited by gamefreak9149

I don't want a huge scythe weapon. I would love a Kusarigama type weapon if they could instead. The scythe look's intimidating for the most part but it was not a practical weapon. They severed in peasant uprising though history but never a military weapon, the issue being like most polearm weapons was the weight....what am I saying, bring on the scythe. This is a bloody space ninja type game with power suits designed for killing. It doesn't matter if the scythe is not a practical weapon or not.

We have a frikkin huge Hammer, an oversized neon-sign greatsword and a longstaff with a dildo on each end. Don't talk about practical please ^^

I am definitely in support of integrating the Kusarigama into the game. Similar to the Glaive, it could probably be realized in game terms by using the sickle for normal attacks and throw the weight with the charge attack. Of course the charge attack would differ from the Glaive in that it would be blunt, single target damage with stun.

For those who do not know quite how the weapon functions: The Kusarigama is all about that weight at the end of the chain. By swinging the chain in circles, momentum is built up until the weight is flung out to disarm the enemy or crush their bones. The sickle is used to finish the opponent off or, less ideally, if the opponent is too close to use the weight/the enviroment is too enclosed to swing the chain.

Most requested weapon?

You're the first I've ever seen who requested the Kusarigama.

I wholeheartedly agree though, it would be awesome to see some more ninja-esque weapons in the game. No scythe please. I know its silly to say, but I do feel like a scythe would be a bit too fantasy like.

naginatas! pic20.jpg

This is not a naginata, regardless of how it is marketed, it is a Bisento or Guan Dao. Still a good weapon to see in the game :)

Not so enthused on the scythe, but a falx or a rhomphaia are the closest equivalent actually used in combat. Falx particularly notable for forcing the roman legions to redesign their helmets to withstand them ;)

Most requested weapon?

You're the first I've ever seen who requested the Kusarigama.

There was a thread I made ( and others like it ) before OBW suggesting new melee weapons, and the most commonly requested one was the Kusarigama. 

As far as Scythe, I have to say no to that one, just because it was used in Ninja Gaiden doesn't mean it should be in here too ( since everyone is posting related pics of it being used in Ninja Gaiden ), we need more ninja like weapons instead of these 2 handed weapons. Were ninja, not reapers.

Edited by __Kanade__

Kusarigamas, yes, though i don't know between the dual scythe version, or the weighted chain and scythe one to be the original with the other as a skin with stats.

as a side not for scythes, this scythe, because energy deathscythes kick a$$

gundam_death_scythe_by_migs308-d5fsu4d.p

Edited by KageNoShini