Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Boosters

nullCassielle

I would like to see 3 new boosters in the market (plat only, as per original 2) with different effects. These effects would be:

"Rare Booster" -- boosts chance of rare materials/boss drops. Boosted chance should be +25%-+33%.

"Mod Booster" -- boosts chance of mod drops WITHOUT changing mod rarity spread. Chance should be double. Rare Booster should not alter rarity spread.

And the special child of the group:

"Rewards Booster"(PH) -- a one-mission-only GUARANTEED reward of a ? only blueprint or artifact. Expensive by comparison with the other ones, limited to 4 per day (open to modification) as per Mastery testing system.

This follows pay-for-convenience.

(Anyone who has gone farming knows that doubling the mods would be mostly five more mind controls and two more fireballs, and rarity boost would just reduce already tedious farming by a large enough margin to make it worthwhile when the RNGods have called down their hatred and change nothing otherwise.)

This reduces many complaints relevant to the alert only items.

(When they are able to get those items outside of alerts, which may or may not pop up at convenient times, they can fit their farming for items that they want and need to their schedules.)

This expands the range of options available to a willing paying customer.

(Right now the only things useful with plat to someone who has, say, all R30 items are Omni Ammo (arguable), slots, and the two existing boosters -- which they no longer need.)

This provides more options for supporting DE and reduces the consequences of risky developer choices (or even just choices that end in unexpected community backlash).

(See above.)

As such, I believe these boosters should be added to the game. I estimate that the first two should be relatively simple to code for, and the last one will be somewhat more difficult (depending on how your alert system and current rewards system works) and between them they should take about 20 man-hours of work to have something robust enough to have a small chance of buggy behavior. That is enough time to get them ready for the update after next without impacting other things unnecessarily, according to what I have seen in terms of work done for each patch.

The way normal Real-Money-Only boosters work in most games is with the fact that they are personal, and are often just for speeding up leveling / ingame cash gain.

The difference between those and some of the new ones you mentioned is that mod drops are for your entire team, and so are resources, which might be a reason for DE to shy away from those.

As for the one-time-?-reward, thats not quite a booster. its a Personalized alert-mission on demand, and I believe that may cause yet another outrage by people. 

I still believe some work could be done on the current Booster system, and maybe even expansions of sorts on it. Boosters are often the main supplement for F2P games, and the current boosters / Random Mod packs are just not very appealing to all players.