The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary And Secondary Weapons As Of Patch 7.9

MarcusGraves

So as of today's patch (7.9) i get the sense that a lot more people are going to be more heavily relying on their secondary weapon to fulfill the role of a primary weapon. as far as i can tell the only actually good rifles right now are the Braton (vandal if you have it), Boltor and the Latron. i suspect a lot of people are going to be dropping shotguns as well because of the universal change and we only have 2 sniper type primary weapons but not too many people are really wild about them and the ammo drop for them is the rarest which hurts.

then i go and look at our secondary hand gun weapons and honestly they look way more attractive to use to me.

-The Lato series are pretty well rounded for most situations

-Branco is pretty much a shotgun w/o the damage drop off

-Kraken/sircaus are pretty good semi burst pistols

-Vipers are just complete chainsaws 

-Bolto is a pistol version of the Boltor 

-Furis: only one i can't comment on

-Lex is pretty much a better snipetron with better ammo pool and faster reload speed

the mods for pistols are very good as well with its multi shot mod going up to 120% like the shotgun version meaning chance for triple shots and hornet strike's damage boost goes up to 220% for 14 points which isn't bad either. is the gap between the effectiveness of primary and secondary weapons too wide now or is this not even a real problem?

Edited by MarcusGraves

I think in time youll see more people running around with pistols and melee and using rifles more for suppression of hordes of mobs. The weapon switch is also rather slow so going in with a full rifle clip and then switching to pistols quickly isnt intuative. At the moment there is not any real need for suppression. Its just hold shift and W and press mouse 1. As the game changes the weapons we have will all become more situational and useful. I still run with a rifle as my main weapon even though my pistols do more damage per shot. When on Ash i melee 85% of the time so...

All to their own:)

So as of today's patch (7.9) i get the sense that a lot more people are going to be more heavily relying on their secondary weapon to fulfill the role of a primary weapon. as far as i can tell the only actually good rifles right now are the Braton (vandal if you have it), Boltor and the Latron. i suspect a lot of people are going to be dropping shotguns as well because of the universal change and we only have 2 sniper type primary weapons but not too many people are really wild about them and the ammo drop for them is the rarest which hurts.

then i go and look at our secondary hand gun weapons and honestly they look way more attractive to use to me.

-The Lato series are pretty well rounded for most situations

-Branco is pretty much a shotgun w/o the damage drop off

-Kraken/sircaus are pretty good semi burst pistols

-Vipers are just complete chainsaws 

-Bolto is a pistol version of the Boltor 

-Furis: only one i can't comment on

-Lex is pretty much a better snipetron with better ammo pool and faster reload speed

the mods for pistols are very good as well with its multi shot mod going up to 120% like the shotgun version meaning chance for triple shots and hornet strike's damage boost goes up to 220% for 14 points which isn't bad either. is the gap between the effectiveness of primary and secondary weapons too wide now or is this not even a real problem?

i gotta say i agree on most points, you make a lot of sense OP

i dont really know where DE is currently going with the primary/secondary weapon stratification

but currently the sidearms are equal if not better than the long guns and regardless even the most high end content is a bit of a cakewalk (only challenge is wave 15+ def missions)