The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Click Firing For Semi-Auto Weapons Needs To Go

TehJumpingJawa

It'd be easier to name ones that aren't; most major 1st or 3rd person shooter franchises have manual or semi-auto weapons that fire repeatedly by simply click&hold.

Doom,Quake,Unreal,Half-life,Halo,Rage,GTA,Just Cause, Red Faction,Metro 2033, the list is almost endless.

Im sorry? Unreal Halo and Metro very distinctly display when a weapon is Semi-auto (magnum, Sniper Rifle etc) while Quake, Doom, Rage, GTA, and Just Cause dont even have fire select descriptors for their weapons. Just because they are visually modeled after a semi-automatic doesnt make them a semi-automatic weapon.

In fact, the only video game I know that actually displays "semi-automatic" on a weapon with full automatic function is Call of Duty Black Ops II.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

Just because they are visually modeled after a semi-automatic doesnt make them a semi-automatic weapon.

Oh come on, you're really clutching at straws now.

When you see the trigger being pulled for every shot -> it's a semi-auto weapon.

Every game I listed has 1 or more manual, or semi-auto weapons that only require click&hold to fire multiple rounds.

Do you know what semi automatic means? Having to click for every shot is completely reasonable. The design is good and should not be changed, there should not even be an in game option. If you want to cheat your semi auto macro your own mouse. Pressing once for semi auto is then not semi auto, its just a slow fully auto.

I play balto btw, and happily click for every round fired.

Oh come on, you're really clutching at straws now.

When you see the trigger being pulled for every shot -> it's a semi-auto weapon.

Every game I listed has 1 or more manual, or semi-auto weapons that only require click&hold to fire multiple rounds.

Sorry, I prefer to pull the trigger for every shot. Since that makes it semi-auto.

PS: You can spam left-click on full-auto gun. You know what you get? Not semi-auto, short bursts of fire. Sad right? Makes ME think that semi-auto ought to just stay to it's 1 shot per click method. Makes it much better. Both for functionality and variety.

PPS: I doubt the devs will ever do it. Do go find Unreal Tournament to play your "left-click for maximum pow" gameplay there.

Edited by matrixEXO

Not gonna bother any more, this guy basically calls any gun semi-auto for his comparison when it's not.

No valid points given and no solution is good for him (or right in his opinion at least..)

I kind of agree. No valid points makes arguments or debates or suggestions a bit dull.

Well when you gain affinity in-game to improve your efficiency with your weapon as you use it, you should be gaining affinity in real life too. After playing with it for a while you should get used to the rhythm and fire rate of your gun, and if your fingers are hurting from doing it then maybe you should hold your mouse properly while playing =) I have an Aklato with Gunslinger mod and I have no problems with it ^^

Curious to know what semi-auto weapons OP is using. Now I have to use my maxed Gunslinger (+60% RoF) mod on my Akboltos cause I keep hitting the firecap when I shoot :/

Edited by rCaliberGX

Curious to know what semi-auto weapons OP is using. Now I have to use my maxed Gunslinger (+60% RoF) mod on my Akboltos cause I keep hitting the firecap when I shoot :/

I think most of us real gamers hit the cap on all the semi-auto guns easily in this game. I, for one, overshoot (?) my Lato Vandal almost every shot, making it's fire rate effectively around 40% lower than what it is capable of (if I slowly pull).

Edited by matrixEXO

I don't really see what the problem is here guys, there's no real reason not to consider this. Just because your weapon is semi automatic, doesn't mean your mouse has to be. It's not like you hit W once for every step you take and then hit it faster in order to sprint. Holding down the mouse button in order to have a maximized rate of semi automatic fire is literally no different than having the shift key enable sprint.

Adding this as a toggle-able option in the controls menu seems perfectly reasonable to me.