Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help Choosing A New Video Card

RyojinOrion

My computer is in need of a new video card. Right now I've got a ATI Radeon HD 2600XT. I need something that will fit in that same slot.

Power is also a concern, as I do not want to have to upgrade my power supply as well unless I absolutely have to. Unfortunately, I do not know much about power supply units, so I don't know which cards mine can handle or not. What I can do, however, is get some info off of the device itself. I just need to know what information is relevant and what is not.

Might help in saying that my computer is a basic Dell XPS420 desktop with some upgraded components, such as RAM. Sure, I could just buy a whole new computer, but the only thing wrong with mine now is the video card. Plus, a video card by itself is a hell of a lot cheaper than a whole new computer.

Any help in figuring this out would be appreciated.

What's wrong with the current one?, Or your just upgrading?, If your looking for an upgrade, I would like to know the PSU Voltage Before recommending any graphics card! If you haven't upgraded the PSU in  the DELL XPS420, It'll be packed with an 425 Voltage PSU. So now it's matter of budget, before recommending  an upgrade.

Someone wants to get me a new video card for christmas, since I said that I wanted one. I'm just trying to figure out which would be the best one. As for my PSU...

PSU.jpg

I really don't know much about PSUs, and hardly know much about video cards. I just want to have some better graphics in games, especially Warframe. My framerate often sucks, and that's on the lower settings... :(

I'm also talking about this to some other people, and from what I've been hearing, the GTX 750 could work, but I really should get a new PSU if I can.

Edited by RyojinOrion

You'll be able to play warframe on maximum settings with GTX 560Ti if it fits your budget, As far as the graphics card, You also need to worry about the casing space. Graphics card's like GTX 750 take huge space, and it need's lot of air flow to keep it cool.

You'll be able to play warframe on maximum settings with GTX 560Ti if it fits your budget, As far as the graphics card, You also need to worry about the casing space. Graphics card's like GTX 750 take huge space, and it need's lot of air flow to keep it cool.

Fortunately, though, space and airflow are not problems for me. My only real concern was the PSU, honestly.