The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Ember Buff/rework

BlockshotOrange

It's amazing how people enter Ember threads and write essays about how bad Ember is that are identical to those that preceded them and have been rebutted countless times.

If you keep hearing the same arguments over and over, I suspect it is because:

1) It is a common complaint amongst many different users who haven't participated in the same arguments

2) Arguments that Ember aren't bad are weak and not being spread amongst the community

Fire sucks at high-level.

If you take a look at the damage table, you realize that inevitably, with increasing armor, the fire damage curve tends to 1.

500% accelerant or not.

Unless you have a 4xCP group ofc.

She needs a way to bypass armor in order to be viable. 

Accelerant is just a mid-level bandaid.

Or you can rework the damage tables a bit and give more bonuses to fire.

Cause right now, fire is right next to electricity and gas, as pretenders to the worst damaging element of the game.

That's why you don't bring Volt or Ember in high level if you want a nuker. You bring Saryn and her corrosive Miasma.

Inb4 DE releases an augment for Accelerant that reduces armor. /facepalm 

Edited by Thelonious

Heat is an all-round good damage type.  Armor scaling making everything that doesn't ignore it worthless is a problem with Grineer, not with Heat damage.  Gas and Electric are quite effective vs the other factions, just not vs higher level Grineer due to exponential HP scaling.

I have to a agree with him on this, fire is quite a good damage type atm. There's a reason why people run tri-ele builds of Corr/Fire for pubbing and Viral/Fire for premades. It's because, unless you're against a corpus boss, fire is better than any single element for damage.

I don't feel that Ember is underpowered. I think she has terrible quality of life issues that make her far more difficult and less enjoyable to play. She's an incredible nuked that just can't do her job.

Gas isn't really effective against Infested, since Toxic have a debuff aura that makes all units in their range immune.

Thats ahrdly an issue

You still get the damage boost and CC

Just not extra AoE when too many ancients are around

The issue is units gaining massive armor and making eve your extra damage worthless because you dont have corrosive

Theres a major ele conflict for infested

Edited by Azawarau

I have to a agree with him on this, fire is quite a good damage type atm. There's a reason why people run tri-ele builds of Corr/Fire for pubbing and Viral/Fire for premades. It's because, unless you're against a corpus boss, fire is better than any single element for damage.

I don't feel that Ember is underpowered. I think she has terrible quality of life issues that make her far more difficult and less enjoyable to play. She's an incredible nuked that just can't do her job.

Wait, like, all the time? against any faction? or are we talking infested here? cause Fire is only good against infested light units afaik, and you really don't need more damage against stuff you one-shot anyway. I personally run Corrosive+Blast against infested, it does more damage to Ancients and provides good cc.

Poison (just poison, nothing else) is just so much better than anything else against corpus, and even cold is better than fire against grineer from lvl15+, but you might as well get Viral if you slot a fire mod.

And in the void, whatever you chose is kinda meh these days with bombards: Corrosive/Fire is still kinda viable (according to those youtube videos...), but the new real threat are bombards, and you need Radiation to burst them down. Or at least Cold.

And Viral is only, as I said before, when you have 4xCP. At this point, I see no reason to run fire with it, since pure Viral (and his proc) is sooooo much better.

Not that I want to start an elemental damage table debate, we're derailing...

But I can't agree that fire is "an all-round good damage type". There are better choices for almost every situation.

And if you base a damage-oriented frame around Fire, you might as well make sure it is a good element in the first place.

Which isn't the case, again.

We are waaaaaaay past the time where Fire was at least good against Infested (the good old Ember days, hmmm, double damage), and you can only blame Damage 2.0 for that.

Edited by Thelonious