Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] New Enemy/tile-Set: The Flora And The Fuana

Nitresco

After observing the changes DE has been making to tile-sets recently, I have to say I am extremely enthusiastic to see more outdoor ones. Especially that one set on the Corpus outpost with the tree growing in the small secluded grove. Beauty among chaotic battle.

Upon observing these at one point, a thought hit me: What if there was a humid jungle level theme featuring a whole new enemy type; the animals of that region themselves.

Imagine it, you're walking between outposts sparsely located throughout the large overgrowth when suddenly you encounter a herd of easily-agitated horned beasts. They graze peacefully, unaware of your presence. You carefully try to sneak around them through the brush. Your efforts are pointless, though, as your Wyrm decides to omit any sort of stealth gameplay while shooting pointlessly at the idle beasts. Knowing that these beasts are basically hard-hitting rollers, you quickly wall-run up a few trees to seek safety... only to aggravate the local aviaries. Seeing them spreading their wings and dive-bombing you from the branches above, you draw your weapon as you know the only option is to fight for your life.

To make the jungle even more fascinating, here's some additional ideas for the level:

1. Add traveling Grineer scouts or Corpus caravans from time to time, the latter holding loot-able containers or supply canisters.

2. Make some of the very plant-life of the environment attack you as you pass, inflicting you with various toxins.

3. Add pools of quicksand that slow down your movement speed with overhead vines that can easily be zip-line'd across to avoid them.

4. Small, secluded villages of natives that can either act as an enemies or allies.

5. Numerous opportunities for wall-running with the large amount of trees located everywhere.

6. Small underground cave segments.

7. The chance for it to be raining to hamper vision and add a more fitting effect to the environment.

8. Strange infested hives scattered about.

What do you fellows think?

Quick Edit: I am sorry if anyone already posted something along the lines of this idea.

Another quick edit: D'oh! I posted this in the wrong place! I meant for it to go into the map feedback section.

Edited by Nitresco

There's something like this already in the map feedback section.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/33988-environmental-idea-that-actually-introduces-green/

I think it would work better. Wide open spaces and tile systems don't gel too easily. Besides, can you imagine Excalibur taking a leisurely stroll through the Serengeti? I think it would clash so hard there would be an audible sound from your CPU. Overrun existing environments is probably the way to go here.