Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea How Platinum Can Be Earned For Free (Please Help Me Improve)

4hm3d

Hi!

So as many would like to have a free way to get platinum, the respective creators of Warframe also need some cash themselves righ?

I thought about these ways: (Currently only one :S)

-The Advertisement method

[1]The advertisement method

Many games usually do this but only for draining these extra dollars from you by posting a 30 sec vid in your face without you actually gaining anything (Eg. to be able to login to RS you need to watch a 30sec-1min ad). We could make this optional and have a set up so Warframe creators can earn money from the advertisement and give us a little amount of platinum each 5 -,10,15 etc consecutive days of watching the daily advert.

So first thing is maybe you would like to see if this would work and secondly maybe give me some pros/cons for this method

Note:If you are a person that doesn't like being forced to sit through ads, or you're worried about the people who don't like to then please read again and think about the word optional

Cheers ;)

Edited by 4hm3d

If you find the game fun enough and you have the financial capabilty you can just spend the money to show your support to the developer. If you do not have the money, please just spread the words, introduce this gem to your gaming buddies. It's the next best method to help DE.

Advertisements will only work with real life sports games(NBA 2K series, FIFA series etc). These advertisements appear in the game(on the pitch) that mimic real life. I don't want to see Pepsi ads when i start warframe...

Edited by RedFaceGeneral

They should do platinum through the dojo by rank/level. Then depending on level of dojo determines how much platinum for the week/day. So lvl 1 dojo would generate 1 plat a week/day. Also allow gifting ( of platinum ) so clan leader can give his people who invested in his dojo some platinum that it earned. Thus increasing population for both clans and dojo's.

GG

They should do platinum through the dojo by rank/level. Then depending on level of dojo determines how much platinum for the week/day. So lvl 1 dojo would generate 1 plat a week/day. Also allow gifting ( of platinum ) so clan leader can give his people who invested in his dojo some platinum that it earned. Thus increasing population for both clans and dojo's.

GG

So Devs never ever will make money again since everyone gets plat for nothing. Even 5 per week are too much....

And plat gifting should only work if you can gift at least 51 plat. So I dont know if I should give someone 51 plat because hes in my clan....

Edited by Venarge

If it helped the devs make money and keep the game going, I would sit through a 30 second add every time I logged in, and not complain about it. I wouldn't even need any compensation. Lots of folks wouldn't like this though.

If it helped the devs make money and keep the game going, I would sit through a 30 second add every time I logged in, and not complain about it. I wouldn't even need any compensation. Lots of folks wouldn't like this though.

I would watch this add too ^^

But well. Depends on how much people like the game I guess :D

Edited by Venarge

GG

could give the guild leader the option of making his own alerts in which platinum could be obtained for everyone in guild considering the guild leader had enough platinum in the dojo bank. Also the guild leader wouldn't beable to spend the platinum freely however he wanted to. Platinum would be in a dojo bank. Then with the bank of plat you could spend it on blacksmith. (faster crafting depending on level also number of things to craft at same time, in which everyone in clan could use). Also the platinum could be used for other things besides blacksmith. PvP sparring arena's, obstacle courses, clan alerts etc. kinda cool I think.

GG

So cut the gift idea and allow member to spend more platinum into the dojo. thus increasing gameplay and clan dojo's?

Also allow founders to be the only ones to create dojo's. So that way if you want a clan and have your own dojo you can buy supporting the game. and ones that don't want to pay can join these clans for more options?

coughP2Wcough

Not really considering the fact that dojo's are most likely going to cost mats and credits to upgrade and thus returning small amounts of platinum into a bank on which players can get through clan activity's.  idk seems funner to farm for something then nothing

Not really considering the fact that dojo's are most likely going to cost mats and credits to upgrade and thus returning small amounts of platinum into a bank on which players can get through clan activity's.  idk seems funner to farm for something then nothing

Please, elaborate on how clans taking the F2P route will be able to start investing mats and credits to upgrade the clan dojo they are unable to create.

Also allow founders to be the only ones to create dojo's. So that way if you want a clan and have your own dojo you can buy supporting the game. and ones that don't want to pay can join these clans for more options?

Plus gives more of a reason to "want" to be a founder vs. finding a reason on witch I "have" to be a founder

I think I found a reason why players will "have" to be a founder rather than 'want" to just from using your own posts.

For someone screaming how the game is turning P2W because players can skip the alert camping process with platinum, you sure give plenty of suggestions pushing the game down that way.

Edited by Cakes

I'm sorry to ask this but why is everyone so cheap they are asking for free premium currency? I could see warframe having an "event" such as a booth at pax where they hand out codes to people for 20 free plat or something similar (bp for special weapon) to promote people coming out and supporting them, but other than that i don't think they should have free plat.

This game is PVE P2W is not a factor here, fact is that you can get everything that you can buy for platinum for free except inventory slots which means that you can still play the game as intended but if you never spend cash you can't get past a certain point. People who don't have time to sit there and wait for good alerts to pop up usually have a job or some sort of income that they can use so that during their small free time they can have full enjoyment of the game while people who have hours on end can afford to check alerts on their phone and go do them in time. The free to play aspect of this game is balanced. My main concern is the ownership of the free to play part of the game, if your read the terms of use you can clearly see that it's stated that upon a reset you only get your platinum back and you don't own any items that you worked for otherwise and they use Beta as an excuse for it, i think this is completely not fair, you're game is on steam for people to play it as a free to play game just as much as a pay to play game. You should be able to keep whatever items you gathered in beta as long as they are still in game after beta is over or at least have all the materials and blueprints to craft them again otherwise fact that playing this game in one of the ways intended can be pointless in the end will put off lots of people even those who mostly pay for stuff, it almost put me off when i read this but i trust the developers won't do such a horrible thing. Time is money too, don't waste people's times please.

This game is PVE P2W is not a factor here, fact is that you can get everything that you can buy for platinum for free except inventory slots which means that you can still play the game as intended but if you never spend cash you can't get past a certain point. People who don't have time to sit there and wait for good alerts to pop up usually have a job or some sort of income that they can use so that during their small free time they can have full enjoyment of the game while people who have hours on end can afford to check alerts on their phone and go do them in time. The free to play aspect of this game is balanced. My main concern is the ownership of the free to play part of the game, if your read the terms of use you can clearly see that it's stated that upon a reset you only get your platinum back and you don't own any items that you worked for otherwise and they use Beta as an excuse for it, i think this is completely not fair, you're game is on steam for people to play it as a free to play game just as much as a pay to play game. You should be able to keep whatever items you gathered in beta as long as they are still in game after beta is over or at least have all the materials and blueprints to craft them again otherwise fact that playing this game in one of the ways intended can be pointless in the end will put off lots of people even those who mostly pay for stuff, it almost put me off when i read this but i trust the developers won't do such a horrible thing. Time is money too, don't waste people's times please.

You should split that up in2 paragraphs cuz it will be TL;DR for some people.