Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 Monitor Pc Build Question

mechmoza

Hey guys,

I am actually planning to build a pc with 4 monitor set-up.

So my question is does 2 gtx 780ti is going to be enough for this build?.

i think 4 gpu is overkill.

and what's the recommend watt for power supply should i use?

Thanks for answering and stay classy guys.

Been running an Eyefinity setup for years now with two old Radeon HD 6850s in Crossfire. I always set my resolution to 5760x1080 if the game supports it with no problem. Now I have a new ASUS R9 290x and it's even better. You don't need a GPU for each monitor.

Edited by s7n7a7k7e

Been running an Eyefinity setup for years now with two old Radeon HD 6850s in Crossfire. I always set my resolution to 5760x1080 if the game supports it with no problem. Now I have a new ASUS R9 290x and it's even better. You don't need a GPU for each monitor.

what about the power supply?

how many watts should i use?

what about the power supply?

how many watts should i use?

Not sure how much you need. All depends on what card/s you are running and what other components you have in your pc build. I had an 800w power supply that lasted a long time, but when it kicked the bucket back in August I replaced it with a 1300w power supply. That's way overkill though. 800w is a safe range in my opinion. Best to check the requirements of the cards you want to purchase. 

Also if you are new to the whole multi-monitor thing, make sure you have all the correct cables to make your system work. For instance with AMD Eyefinity, depending on your setup, you need a DisplayPort hub, and DisplayPort adapters if your monitors don't have DisplayPorts inputs.

Another quick note, Warframe doesn't support Eyefinity/Multiple montior resolutions. I was really disappointed when I found out because I play tons of games with Eyefinity, even games much older than Warframe. But Warframe sadly doesn't support it. There is someone on this forum who knows a work around to getting Eyefinity to work, but it's complicated and still doesn't support ful 5760x1080 resolution. Eyefinity is totally worth it though. Unless a game doesn't support it, I only use Eyefinity.

Edited by s7n7a7k7e