Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Point Of Getting Platinum?

wqnmlb

We spend money on Platinum, and use it to get upgrade items for equipment we like. But all of sudden, DE just nerfed them and now they are worthless.

I do not think I would purchase any more Platinum. We upgraded our favorite equipment and sepnding hours on it, but maybe in the next Monday the DE just walk in the office and say: "Hey, I think that thing is too powerful and everyone is using it, let's nerf it." which is what happened yesterady and this seems inevitable in the future according to their logic.

I always think the point of playing game is having fun, and the update should provide us with more, on the contrary, the latest update just stripped part of it.

Nothing you listed makes Platinum less purposeful in any way.  In fact, I'd think Platinum would be more "worthless" if we had a development team not interested at all in balance.

Things get buffed and nerfed in multiplayer games.  It happens in every single multiplayer game I've ever played.  Dungeons and Dragons has major buffs and nerfs, for crying out loud.  And typically, things that are overnerfed get partially rebuffed.

It may be beta but there do is a point. Shotguns did not deserve this huge of a nerf. Some balancing was required but they are just plain bad, no damage whatsoever unless you're actually sticking the gun in someone's mouth. It is especially bad when you spend plat to upgrade the weapon and even after 60 points of mods which before made it an absolute beast, now the only reason to keep it is cause you like it since you won't be killing much with it.

it is a BETA 

THERE WILL BE CHANGES AND/OR BUGS

srsly

Which is why he is saying he doesn't want to spend money. Although there are things you can buy that are pretty safe, you never know for sure, and no matter how much you like the game, or wish to support it, there is always going to be that nagging feeling in the back of your skull that you could wind up wasting your money.

There is a safety net though op, although it comes with a hefty price. You can get all your platinum refunded at some point if you choose to start over and give up all your progress.

I use platinum to buy slots and palettes.

They don't thought "that thing is too powerful and everyone is using it, let's nerf it". That thing was really powerfull and needed a rebalance.

If the nerf was too much is a opnion of some or most.

Purchasing platinum and then complaining they nerf items in the game you enjoy playing. Platinum purchases are what fund the game... that you enjoy playing. This is why we buy platinum not because we love that special weapon, but because we love the game. 

Nothing you listed makes Platinum less purposeful in any way.  In fact, I'd think Platinum would be more "worthless" if we had a development team not interested at all in balance.

Things get buffed and nerfed in multiplayer games.  It happens in every single multiplayer game I've ever played.  Dungeons and Dragons has major buffs and nerfs, for crying out loud.  And typically, things that are overnerfed get partially rebuffed.

Of course, I am sure that if they continue buffing and nerffing like this, the sales of Platinum would increase dramatically. It is your time and money get wastted anyway.

Things do change on-line games, but some changes would only piss players off.

Purchasing platinum and then complaining they nerf items in the game you enjoy playing. Platinum purchases are what fund the game... that you enjoy playing. This is why we buy platinum not because we love that special weapon, but because we love the game. 

Supportint the game by purchase Plat is one thing, nerf something purchase by real money is a different thing. Consider this concept: virtual product has its value like any other product. Adjust the value of a porduct like this is not market economy

Of course, I am sure that if they continue buffing and nerffing like this, the sales of Platinum would increase dramatically. It is your time and money get wastted anyway.

Things do change on-line games, but some changes would only &!$$ players off.

Unsupported hypotheticals aside, I do see why you're upset about this but it's on you.  What you've described is very common fare for every game with balance components.  I'm sorry if you're shocked and disappointed, but to be blunt...that's attributable entirely to your unrealistic set of expectations.  The developers haven't led you on in any way--if anything they've been entirely up-front about stuff like this happening.  And nor has this one change truly wasted your time or money.

Edited by Shinnyshin

Unsupported hypotheticals aside, I do see why you're upset about this but it's on you.  What you've described is very common fare for every game with balance components.  I'm sorry if you're shocked and disappointed, but to be blunt...that's attributable entirely to your unrealistic set of expectations.  The developers haven't led you on in any way--if anything they've been entirely up-front about stuff like this happening.  And nor has this one change truly wasted your time or money.

Yea, maybe I am really upset so that I used some extreme words.

Guess debates like this is pointless anyway....

when the beta is done there will be a one time option for account reset, everytime will be reset, your rank, warframe, weapon & your platinum so that you get the amout you started out with or the amout that you have bought its been said on the live stream am pretty sure.

when the beta is done there will be a one time option for account reset, everytime will be reset, your rank, warframe, weapon & your platinum so that you get the amout you started out with or the amout that you have bought its been said on the live stream am pretty sure.

Still...then we got our time wasted.... like hundreds of hours

Why not both?

To be honest, I never bought any weapon in the game with platinum before. Glaive is the first weapon that I decide to buy with platinum.

Beta or not, the game will require regular balancing. All of your items, platinum or credit based, are subjected to change under EULA. It's the same deal in majority of the online games. You don't really own the item you bought with IRL currency (except hats in TF).

If you're uncomfortable with this model, I suggest stepping away from majority or the online games.

You get platinum to help the devs out so they can buy better end equipment and make sure they can eat/pay for their own things they need in real life after they come home from coding all day. Yes, sometimes they make decisions that piss off a lot of people but this is an Alpha that still has drastic changes to the entire game system Open Beta and there will be changes as they go over what works and what does not. Sure, the Call of Duty Shotgun-realism angered some people but let's not forget that not a few days ago, they raised the damage on a lot of weapons and even fixed the Grakta by making it a little more worthwhile.

To be honest, I never bought any weapon in the game with platinum before. Glaive is the first weapon that I decide to buy with platinum.

Beta or not, the game will require regular balancing. All of your items, platinum or credit based, are subjected to change under EULA. It's the same deal in majority of the online games. You don't really own the item you bought with IRL currency (except hats in TF).

If you're uncomfortable with this model, I suggest stepping away from majority or the online games.

Virtual product has its value like any other product, it is true that they can change the value as they like. But they made this change only because this is just a BETA and it is just used for test. Otherwise such unthoughtful change in any other MMORPG would cause serious trouble to its virtual economy.

And your analogy is not so appropriate, in other MMORPG, we trade with other player, I can live with the risk because the risk is mutual and this is very important. But in this case, we trade with the system, now it's like we are facing someone who is player, the referee and the price maker.

Edited by wqnmlb

Virtual product has its value like any other product, it is true that they can change the value as they like. But they made this change only because this is just a BETA and it is just used for test. Otherwise such unthoughtful change in any other MMORPG would cause serious trouble to its virtual economy.

And your analogy is not so appropriate, in other MMORPG, we trade with other player, I can live with the risk because the risk is mutual and this is very important. But in this case, we trade with the system, now it's like we are facing someone who is player, the referee and the price maker.

No, these changes will be a common practice even when the product is out of beta stage. With each new frame/weapon/content added into the game, there will be balance changes follow suit. 

Do you think games that is out of beta do not have balance changes?

Cue discussions about "cash grab" , "forced balance for money" and "unfair".

Look, if you think this is a risk, just don't @(*()$ buy anything from the store, simple.

Like, prevent yourself from clicking "buy" or "confirm" on your credit card.

There, potential disaster averted!

Phew!

If you absolutely -must- throw your money out the window, give it to me, I'll happily spend it for you without any complaints.

Edited by Mietz

No, these changes will be a common practice even when the product is out of beta stage. With each new frame/weapon/content added into the game, there will be balance changes follow suit. 

Do you think games that is out of beta do not have balance changes?

You missed my point, or maybe I did not make it clear. My point is, according to this game's constructure, it is inappropriate to make buff or nerf on something tied to real money so close. Balance or not. Or it is inappropriate to introduce currency system so quickly in BETA.

In other MMORPG, if I purchased a item from another player and then it gots nerfed or buffed, the buyer and the seller are both affected and that is totally normal. Like I stated above ,the risk is mutual.  In this case, it is like the seller can determine the value of goods.

You can consider this as a typical monopoly case. It is never about they should improve the game, which is always desireable. It is about route they are handling it.

Edited by wqnmlb