The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'aura' Trinity Helmet

Amistyrja

The Trinity WARFRAME looks quite nice and I'm honestly very very happy I built her. She looks great, the energy mask is kinda cool, the wings at her back are a nice touch and the skirt + lobster tail is cute =) I was lucky enough to find a blueprint for her alternate helmet but was quite disappointed at its appearance. I don't want my Trinity to become a Power Ranger =( Will there be a cosmetic change to the Aura Trinity helmet in the future?

Trinity has some VERY ugly aspects. Namely in order of most to least ugly:

Lobster tail - Back of standard helmet - ....everything....about the alternate helmet.

It is really quite strange and unsettling to see the art director in the last stream be so proud and stubborn about the way Trinity looks when there is SO much negative feedback about her. 

The skirt is mostly sleek and dagger like, and apart from being ugly, the lobster tail just doesn't mesh with the rest of the design.

The standard helmet is ok in the front, the side attachments should not be pointing down, makes her look like a whipped dog, and the back is absolutely bland and just ugly, it looks like a hood that she forgot to attach the rest of her armor to.

The alternate helmet  has a clash between themes. The majority of the helmet has a very robotic "straight edge" look, as another user said, almost making her look like a droid. But then this is absolutely destroyed or at the very least put in jarring juxtaposition with the round large circle that is on the back of the alt helm.

Sometimes juxtaposition of conflicting artistic themes works. Here it didn't. And the fact that in the last stream the art director demonstrated an absolute intransigence on the matter, really doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in future blemishes being corrected or removed. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the art team has done a really splendid job, and I'm no artist so I'm fully aware how easy it is to criticize instead of create.

However, I do create in another field, and I know how hard it is to hear criticism, but it's the only way to grow and become better (well ok, not the only way). Point is, I wouldn't expect the Trinity warframe to be fixed, because I've seen the kind of reaction the art director had in the stream to this topic all too many times before, and unfortunately it's something that will limit his being in sync with what the players want in the long run, as well as disappoint us in the short run. 

Trinity is already an incredibly underwhelming warframe. With arguably two useful support abilities, one of which is only useful for bosses. If you add botched art design to an already flawed gameplay model....well...let's just say I'm going to never use her again after I finish levelling her....

It's a shame that some people don't like her skirt. I for one like her lobster tail and skirt, and her overall appearance in general. It's just the alternate helmet that bugs me but other than that I've never seen a more perfect WARFRAME =)