The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop rates

ff7fan

So, making improving weapons with crafted items is awesome, but as i understand it devs made it harder to get those materials than before, thus making the other option to just buy this item more reasonable, BUT with that nerf getting every other rare material became ridiculous. Maybe make this item drop for itself will be more suitable, and keep drop rates for materials a little bit higher?

I've been having issues finding reliable ways to farm the rarer resources. For example, I have not found a single Gallium (Mars, Uranus) or Control Module (Neptune) since the 5.3 patch launched. Anyone else?

that's the thing, it's supposed to drop randomly with other materials, but the drop rate is too small, more than 10 missions or so on mars and not even one piece of gallium

Edited by ff7fan

that's the thing, it's supposed to drop randomly with other materials, but the drop rate is too small, more than 10 missions or so on venus and not even one piece of gallium

Yeah, I finally got one. The "rare" material only seems to drop from the boss of the zone. Got a Control Module from the Hyena shortly afterwards.

Edited by NihilisticGoliath

There's a difference between 'rare' and 'super-rare', though. Gallium is by far the latter, when it seems to be on-par with Morphics in terms of general value for crafting... yet Morphics (an 'amorphous solid' supposedly based off Orokin tech) are vastly more common than a simple chemical element.

I get the feeling a zero was left out somewhere in the drop rate chart, because this is just silly.

Ed: ...oookay, Gallium is apparently important enough to have it's own drop model. It looks a bit like a combination of the weapon-mod and the health/energy/affinity orbs. That's interesting.

Edited by Arcalane