Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Or Fragor (Glaive?) For Trinity Ev Build?

Darzk

Question

Hey guys

So I've already maxxed out a Scindo, and debating which melee weapon to try out for Trinity.

It has to be a heavy weapon, in order to return 100 energy from EV from an overkill on a normal mob.

Etc 20% of 500 charge damage = 100 energy returned

Is there any advantage of the Gram over the Fragor, regarding charge attacks? Seems to be a smaller swing radius but the same charge time on the Gram. Fragor also has the bigger jump attack, and more slide damage to armored targets. Gram has a faster regular attack speed, so would be helpful for getting around with slide attacks??

Another option would be to use a weapon dealing 150 charge damage (Furax?) and use EV rank 2 to return 94 energy.

Ooh, what about the Glaive? Can I reliably get headshots, and use rank 0? Or if not, get bodyshots, using rank 2 for 94 energy, and not have to get into melee range (although link will be up, so getting into melee range isnt a problem (probably preferred))

Finally, does Focus do anything for Link or Blessing? Apparently it effects maximum energy return from EV, but if it was useless for everything else it's too expensive. I'd imagine not, but if so a build using rank 2 with a heavy weapon or rank 3 with a 150 weapon would return 125/113 for 11/9 mod points more.

13 answers to this question

I do just fine with plasma sword, or dual skana. Both return 100 energy with a charge attack. Just pointing out it doesn't have to be a heavy weapon.

I want to save mod points by not using the full rank of EV.

Skana with rank 0 EV = 50 Energy returned

Plasma Sword = 60 Energy returned

Fragor is a bad choice for an all around weapon. The Gram is a far better choice

Why?

Fragor has Armor Piercing damage, which is good against Grineer, however it does 1/2 damage to infested. Also the Gram does 2x damage to infested, and the swing time (which effects both normal and charge swings) is far superior

Fragor has Armor Piercing damage, which is good against Grineer, however it does 1/2 damage to infested. Also the Gram does 2x damage to infested, and the swing time (which effects both normal and charge swings) is far superior

None of this is right

Fragor has Armor Ignore, it doesn't deal AP damage.

It does normal damage to infested, it just doesnt have the THREE times bonus that slashing weapons do against lesser Infested (does same dmg to Ancients).

I'm talking about using charged attacks anyways, so the armor ignore is irrelevant, and either will OSK lesser Infested.

Ah, had forgotten that swing time would effect the charge swing speed of Gram. I had assumed that it was simply the drawing and sheathing of the weapon...?

None of this is right

Fragor has Armor Ignore, it doesn't deal AP damage.

It does normal damage to infested, it just doesnt have the THREE times bonus that slashing weapons do against lesser Infested (does same dmg to Ancients).

I'm talking about using charged attacks anyways, so the armor ignore is irrelevant, and either will OSK lesser Infested.

Ah, had forgotten that swing time would effect the charge swing speed of Gram. I had assumed that it was simply the drawing and sheathing of the weapon...?\

You should relook at the physics of the game lol. All of the fragor's damage is counted as Armor Piercing damage, and thats why it causes the infested to take 1/2 damage. Please research, on everything else you are wrong.

PS: If you go to test this yourself, make sure you don't use ancients as the base for your testing, you won't get the correct results.

Edited by Smith0rz

You should relook at the physics of the game lol. All of the fragor's damage is counted as Armor Piercing damage, and thats why it causes the infested to take 1/2 damage. Please research, on everything else you are wrong.

PS: If you go to test this yourself, make sure you don't use ancients as the base for your testing, you won't get the correct results.

Fragor base damage unmodded = 50 damage.

Charger level 1 body hit = 38-39 damage. That is no where half damage.

Edited by SymphNo9

Still strange that it's not dealing 50 damage to a charger, which is what I expected.

Don't care about regular attacks anyways, as I'll be using charged attacks. Can anyone confirm 200 damage (500 with killing blow) on chargers/other lesser infested from the Fragor?

Actually, you are right. Of course the Fragor should be doing 50 damage with armor ignore. It turns out I was looking at the wrong numbers in the first place, so did a recording for a second test with charge damage.

Notice whenever I hit two targets at the same time, the first target receives the full damage of 200, but the second target is only hit for 150 damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-KOOvIGcK4

Also, I don't know what the calculations are when I was standing on top of that box and hitting the charger with normal attacks. It seemed to take 3 damage sources from a swing each time.

I don't know what this thread means, but am I to understand I can get energy back by doing charged weapon damage? I play trinity and my charge damage from my dual heat swords is crushing everything. What is EV?