The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reload Interrupts, Should They Be Less Prominent?

I'm just not too keen on having my reloading being interrupted when doing light flips and rolls. This game wants me to be a space ninja and yeah I can do that, but having my reload be stopped by seemingly using any of the ninja skills at my fingertips breaks the flow of gameplay for me. I end up sitting behind a box 90% of the time waiting to reload after attempting several times and of course being interrupted.

I mean I can understand stopping the reload animation when I get stunned or when falling from a high area, that's completely fine. But stopping my reloading when I open a locker? Come on, that's just annoying.

This is just how I personally feel, not sure about anybody else. What do you guys think?

Partially i agree... why just partially? because even if ur a ninja, you shouldn't be able to do the impossible (reloading whille doing a backflip) but reloading shouldn't be interrupted if you open a locker and also when you get attacked and the reloading process stops, you should be able to continue where you left it, not start it again..you aren't simply throwing magazines away because you are being attacked

I'd like this, yes. Right now I feel like the game penalizes actually trying to use the defensive options available to you, both because of this and because they really don't actually prevent you from taking damage.

Interesting, I'm watching a Let's Play of Dark Sector, and the LPer specifically draws attention to Hayden Tenno's ability to reload while rolling, and how it makes the dodge roll a valuable tactic against the infected.

Yeah the reload stops too easily, in most cases it could at least pause instead of restarting from scrap. It's one of those things I got used to by now, but  it still bothers me every now and then. I'd also like to be able to land without rolling from a bit higher, we've got the best protective gear of the solar system and yet we can't land without rolling if we were sprinting, unlike reloading this gets on my nerves always, to the point that I don't even land without sliding anymore.

Edited by CubedOobleck