Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Is Starting To Feel More Balanced

Chromosis

I have to say that I have really enjoyed archwing now that Uranus is doable with a random group, provided everyone is using maxed mods and has a decent melee weapon.  It makes leveling a lot easier, because the other missions do not offer much in ways of experience, which makes leveling a long grind and can be less rewarding for more time.

Right now, I think some major issues are the balancing of primary weapons to be as effective a strategy as melee is currently.

The Corvas seems very good, with high damage and good accuracy on the ground that it is shorter range (it is essentially a space shotgun), but the drop off seems a bit steep.  Perhaps lowering the drop off from damage as you are technically in space, so lower gravity (and lower air resistance in a vacuum) would mean that your bullets should move faster for longer.  Otherwise, it is really satisfying to use.

The Imperator is pretty meh, but it is the starter gun, so it kinda makes sense (like a space braton mk-1).

The Velocitus has the most issues I think.  There seems to be some issues with shooting enemies at close range.  Specifically the smaller Dreggs (sp?) on grineer missions.  I really enjoy the high damage sniper feel of the gun, but the fact that it does magnetic damage is somewhat underwhelming.  making this puncture instead would make it a much more usable weapon, as by using the velocitus you sacrifice weapon fire rate for damage and having to make your shot really count.

The dual decurians are space uzis and I haven't had much time with them yet, but from what I have done, the recoil is a bit high for me.  They are a dual wield weapon, which usually has higher recoil, but it still seems high.

Also, for mods in general, the amount you get for the amount you put in is rather odd to me.  For example, the fire rate mod gives little for such a high energy usage.  A rebalancing of these mods would help greatly.

I enjoy these game mode though and the tweeks so far are in, as far as I can tell, the right direction.