The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Graphic Driver Crash [Solved]

SkYRiMx

I am a newcomer attracted by the gameplays and the settings =P

But when i finished downloading it in steam, and ran it, my graphic driver crashed and so soon did Warframe.

Here's my computer's spec:

Windows 7 32-bit

Nvidia's GT240, and i'm pretty sure it's the problem between the card (or driver) and the game,

since the crash process is like this:

Run game->about 3sec->graphic driver crash and recover->Game not respond->Game Crash

However, i noticed that there will be music when i run in full-screen,

in-spite that the game has no screen and crash later

I've tried every way to solve it, here's the solution i've tried but failed:

1. Download it from the Warframe Official site, install and then run it

(also tried re-download and re-install both steam and standalone version)

2. Run in windowed screen and full-screen

3. Update to the latest Graphic driver and windows

4. disabled DirectX 11 and 64-bit, since they are greyed out

5. Close all the idling but working softwares, except the system's

My GT240 worked in most of the games i've played, including: COD:MW2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 5 and so on, 

they all worked well even if i maximize the graphic settings, but they are lag when running in this condition.

Please help me :'(! I really want to play this game! Let me join you =]

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★The Problem solved!★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Here's how I work:

Go to Nvidia Control Panel and turn the setting of PhysX to CPU

(It has the same effect of turning PhysX off in-game probably)

Edited by SkYRiMx

Okay, here's the rest of the spec, though i don't think it will be much related to the crash =P

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core  CPU      E5200  @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz      (not pass the minimum, but don't think it's related to the crash)

Memory: 2048MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11     (graphic card not support)

Display Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Model: BenQ G920HD

Directory C:(where windows is installed)  : about 20GB spaces

Directory D:(where the game is installed)  : about 50GB spaces

Temperature (tested by the indicator from Intel) : 42'C             (when the system is idling or have minor activities)

I think that's all we need...

Everything here is copied from the dxdiag.txt in the crashes file

Again, thanks for helping me =] My last hope to play probably :'(

Edited by SkYRiMx

Have you tried disabling PhysX? If you've got it enabled go to the settings and disable it. I've got a similar issue with my graphics card but it's AMD, I think it might just be the game. Do other games crash?

EDIT: Best of luck man solving the issue.

Edited by Yanniboi

I would doubt it's PhysX as that is an Nvidia exclusive card, AMD doesn't have the right to it and that's probably why you had to disable it. 

No, not similar problem as in my game crashes too, not because of PhysX, nothing related to that. 

I would doubt it's PhysX as that is an Nvidia exclusive card, AMD doesn't have the right to it and that's probably why you had to disable it. 

Oh My GOD!

It succeeded! I just tried turning PhysX from Graphic Card to CPU in Nvidia Control Panel and it works!

Thank you all!

appreciate everyone helping me =]

I have a similiar problem, the driver and game crashes after a while of play. Randomly during movement or attack motions. I even dropped everything down to the lowest graphical fidelity , but didnt help. Here are my spec's. Maybe someone else will be brighter than I am :)

OS - Windows 7 64

Proc. - AMD Athlon II X3  455 ~ 3.3 GHZ

RAM - 8GB

D.X. - 11

Graphics - Asus EAH 5670 Series (4GB)

Monitor - Generic PnP

Thanks,

Peace.

I have your same GPU card, and, when i turn on PhysX when i kill some enemy the game crashs =/...I tried all ways to make phys work on my GPU but all fail...=/

Probably it's the issue of the game engine, since i found out that the game's still in Beta =P

I have a similiar problem, the driver and game crashes after a while of play. Randomly during movement or attack motions. I even dropped everything down to the lowest graphical fidelity , but didnt help. Here are my spec's. Maybe someone else will be brighter than I am :)

OS - Windows 7 64

Proc. - AMD Athlon II X3  455 ~ 3.3 GHZ

RAM - 8GB

D.X. - 11

Graphics - Asus EAH 5670 Series (4GB)

Monitor - Generic PnP

Thanks,

Peace.

Um.... try turn off 64-bit mode or DX11, this may fix the issue of the game engine, your spec shouldn't have any problem

(well your spec's almost a double of mine lol). Also try update windows and graphic driver if you hadn't, this may help too

There is no PhysX available for the AMD (ATI) cards, however it seemed that my driver was outdated which caused the problem. Another issue came with ATI newest driver having problems with my OS, but somehow it installed itself and the game runs smoothly now.

Peace

DivX