The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Grind Is Just Obsurd

(PSN)owenator111

It is bad, but it is not that bad!

I built one key and I have the frame.

Keysharing with clanmates gives you 4 runs, also clanmates will often take people without keys.

Don't grind more, grind smarter.

Grind with clanmates.

Edit: Also, if invasions really last that long for you guys, DE should really look at the number of runs needed to clear an infested node.

Edited by Egg_Chen

The problem with the format right now is that it's a random occuring infested conflict alert reward. The duration of a conflict is dependent on how many people run the conflict : more people, the shorter the alert lasts.

Since those alerts are rare and sought for, whenever one pops up, it gets horribly rushed to all hell so that if you aren't online when it comes up, chances are you'll miss it not because you'll miss the hardcoded deadline for any conflict but because it will have resolved itself so quickly that its impossible to partake in it to begin with.

There's two things that could help resolve the problem :

1) Make that specific type of conflict alert end only after a set amount of time, hitting that hardcoded deadline, meaning even if the conflict shows a status of 0.0%, it can still be run. Problem will be then people will complain they have to wait hours to get their nav coordinate rewards which leads to...

2) Have the nav coordinate rewards delivered the moment you complete the required runs, not at the end of the conflict. This measure would be exclusively for this particular infested conflict with the nav coordinate reward only.

I have my suspicions that in its current state, those alerts are actually rushed by some people who already have completed all there is with Alad V and merely doing them to make the alerts even rarer. I already have Mesa so really, I have no reason to run those alerts anymore but I've easily noticed how those alerts come and go so fast that it pretty much locks out any non-hardcore player of getting Mesa in a proper manner, compared to the rest of the other Warframes.

Besides, concerning point #2, it's actually an artifact from the first implementation of the conflicts : it was incentive for people to keep running conflicts even after they had made the required runs so they'd get their reward faster, a carrot on a stick if you prefer. Ironic thing was, you got a reward either your side won or lost. Right now though, there's really no reason for it to remain the same as, by its format, it's more like you're being contracted to work for one side or another for X runs like a mercenary and once your job his done and your contract's terms are fulfilled, you should get paid right away. Any further runs would just be you doing some kind of (twisted) charity work freely for that side.