Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Osprey Explosions

Kirbuncle

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but Ospreys (as well as the mines some of them drop) cause an INORDINATE amount of screen-shake when they explode. It occurs at a considerable distance from the explosion, the things aren't even that big, and nuttier stuff happens in the game that doesn't cause half as much screen movement.

The Jackal boss is a pretty big guy, and the shaking can sometimes get bad enough that even targetting THAT thing can become somewhat awkward.

So, just a small suggestion that maybe that should be reduced by a fair margin.

The problem is not moving out of the way, it's that the mines incur screenshake even when you're so far away that they really shouldn't cause it.

Mine Ospreys are basically little more than floating... well, sort-of nuisances right now. They die easily, and all they do is make those mines that are mostly harmless apart from screwing with your aim. Most of the time they aren't sure whether they want to fly around dropping a long string of mines that really do nothing to impede you simply because they can, or whether they want to orbit your head like a cloud trying to drop mines on you.

If they were armed with a ranged weapon they might pose a credible threat in large numbers and when backed up by Crewmen and/or Moas, but otherwise they're just... I don't know, hardly worth calling irritating.

You have a lot of warning before one of their mines explodes, just move out of the way. And get someone to kill the minelayers during the boss, it's not that hard.

But I agree on the shaking thing, it's really bad.

The shaking really is my only issue here - the minelayers themselves make for good annoyance/distraction enemies. But when you're having trouble aiming at a robot that's over 10 feet tall with the Gorgon, of all things, it makes you wonder.