The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Graphic Driver Completely Crashing On Corpus Ship Tileset

Boondorl

Specs:

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (default OC)

Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz

8gb DDR3 RAM

Corsair GS600 80 PLUS certified 600W PSU

Ever since I've switched to my GTX 970 (from GTX 650 ti) I seem to be having odd crashing related mostly to the Corpus Ship tileset (it has happened in another tileset only once or twice). It can happen at random, but after playing for some time in the tileset (~5 min) my card will lock up. Game will either freeze, sound will cut out, and monitor will go into power saving mode; or the game will freeze, audio will stutter shortly, and then the monitor will go into power saving mode. Computer will still be powered on and running fine. Either one requires a hard reset of my PC.

No other game I've played so far has experienced this problem, and it seems to mostly be isolated to this specific tileset. I'm doubtful it's the PSU as my computer isn't randomly turning off or restarting like you'd expect if the PSU were failing. There's also the fact that I've put my card through much more extreme things (killing 15+ enemies at once with Castanas, Kohm w/ firerate bug) and while my game will nearly crash, my card will never lock up.

Card generally sits around ~60 C when playing. Not sure if this is a driver issue (maybe Warframe doesn't like OCs?) or a hardware issue. Either way, I figured it was worth mentioning since it seems to be so isolated to this tileset.

Edit: Upon further testing, it seems to definitely be a driver issue. While playing on the tilset, power usage was around 50%. GPU temps hovered at 50 C and usage around 70-100% (not surprising given I'm running the game maxed with SMAA at 1920x1080). CPU 1 seemed to be getting the most usage around 50-100% while the others idled around 30%. Temps for all cores were at 55 C. RAM usage was flat at just under 4 gb. When the driver crashed, there was no power, usage, or temp changes that occurred.

Upon restarting my computer, however, it seems Windows has given me a bluescreen error notification. The Locale ID is 1033, which is related to a damaged driver. Given this could be many things, it's most likely the 970 driver as the card is still new-ish and many others with the 900 series seem to also be having driver related issues.

Edited by Boondorl

• 3 months later...