The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolto Vs Akbolto

Kelvren

I'm really enjoying the bolto so far and I am considering converting it into an Akbolto.

On paper the Akbolto seems like a direct upgrade  How do the weapons compare in use? 

Is weapon accuracy drastically changed or is the akbolto simply a faster firing bolto?

Also, when using an akimbo weapon while carrying a data module, does it act like a single weapon?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all they did with akbolto was take the bolot's stats (except accuracy, damage, and crit chance) and doubled it.

So Akbolto has 2x fire rate, 2x reload, 2x mag size, etc.

But to answer the question on the single wep thing, no. Carrying a data pack does not change how Akbolto (or any other dual gun) behaves. Limitation of mechanics I think.

In my opinion, Akbolto doesn't worth it. The decreased accuracy makes it pretty much impossible to hit anything far; with Bolto, it is already hard to do so, with Akbolto, it is impossible.

The reload speed and fire rate is very good for Bolto, that's another reason why I think going with Akbolto isn't necessary at all. If you aren't using a macro to fire fast, Akbolto isn't worth it. 

Also, if you are suffering from low FPS from time to time, RoF of Akbolto will heavily depend on the FPS you get. That fix which they have implemented applies to automatic weapons, not semi-automatic ones.

Also, I don't know if it is a bug but, I leveled 3 bolto's to 30, then made one akbolto. My friend told me that, you won't get any "account" XP from leveling the same weapon twice, or thrice...

Edited by lyravega

Also, I don't know if it is a bug but, I leveled 3 bolto's to 30, then made one akbolto. My friend told me that, you won't get any "account" XP from leveling the same weapon twice, or thrice...

Could you rephrase that? I can't understand what you're trying to say.

He's saying you only get the mastery exp for a weapon once.

This, to be precise. I'm saying that, if you ever decide to make an Akbolto, don't wait and try to level them up for mastery points.

Edited by lyravega

This, to be precise. I'm saying that, if you ever decide to make an Akbolto, don't wait and try to level them up for mastery points.

Oh, okay.

Dual weapons count as an entirely separate weapon, in case anyone didn't know already. You'll get mastery exp for them even if you have a level 30 single version.

It used to be 16.7.

ah yeah, but still having pros against the normal boltor like more base damage and reload speed. they still a little superior to the boltor at mid-close range if you have fast-fingers/macro. (Thats okey becouse before the update Akbolto totally outclased the boltor...for me the akbolto still doing that.)

Edited by Dasmir

Oh, okay.

Dual weapons count as an entirely separate weapon, in case anyone didn't know already. You'll get mastery exp for them even if you have a level 30 single version.

What I did was, I leveled 3 different Bolto's to level 30, and made the Akbolto from two rank 30 Bolto's. I thought I was getting mastery points. Apparently not. Thus, the irrelevant warning that I've gave you :P

personally, I find the increased magazine size and fire rate worth the reduction in accuracy for the Akbolto. Mostly because I don't use it for very long range attacks (bolts are not accurate over very long distance by default, iirc). The handling is close enough to Bolto that I find the change negligible. But as many posts above, if you are not sure, just keep your leveled Bolto and make Akbolto out of 2 new Boltos. Then try the weapon. I did that. Now, I actually don't mind selling the lvl 30 Bolto I kept since I find the Akbolto a satisfactory replacement.

Personally I think the way bolts behave at long ranges accuracy for bolt weapons doesn't matter much. At really long ranges the bolts just veer off to either side anyway. Although expensive, the doubled clip size and increased rate of fire is a noticeable improvement over a single bolto.