The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us A "find Objective Door" Path Highlight

MJ12

Some of the new tiles for the Grineer outpost are extremely confusing, especially in Infested missions where it's dark. It's easy for people new to them to get lost inside these large tiles, and that's a problem because they look really cool and have tons of variety, allowing both close- and long-range combat.

It'd be nice if you could press a key (say, "V", since it no longer does anything) to show a path to the spot that you need to go in to reach your nearest objective (I say nearest because of Spy missions). This would have literally no detriments to the game and plenty of benefit for anyone new who's confused and gets lost for several minutes in a single tile.

Complex maps are cool. Complex maps without an easy way to find where you're supposed to go are not nearly as cool.

The main issue is that the other map tiles allow the objective marker to update in a readable fashion, but the newer Grineer map tiles do not.  I've frequently had to run in the opposite direction as the objective marker in order to eventually see where it lined up properly with the map again.

Having a keypress that would give a direction to go would be helpful, but it would feel redundant with the map marker.  The main issue as I see it is how the newer map tiles for the Grineer do not line up properly in terms of objective direction.

I dont know about having a line that shows you exactly where to go, but maybe a way point marker that doesn't lead me to permanently locked doors. A line would take all the fin out of exploring.

The thing is some of the new multi-level tiles are actually pretty confusing, so having a line that shows you exactly how to get there (it doesn't have to be the most efficient route, just a route that gets you there eventually) would be a great addition. All it'd do is help new players not hold up games.

This will probably get downvoted, but 'practice makes perfect'.

The multi-level tiles are only confusing at first, took me a few runs before figuring out where to go when the waypoint marker pointed 'up' or when it pointed 'down'.

I've only had a few instances where I had to backtrack for a whole minute before getting back on track.

This will probably get downvoted, but 'practice makes perfect'.

The multi-level tiles are only confusing at first, took me a few runs before figuring out where to go when the waypoint marker pointed 'up' or when it pointed 'down'.

I've only had a few instances where I had to backtrack for a whole minute before getting back on track.

Yeah, I'm aware that practice makes perfect.

The problem is, and it's a problem you're ignoring, is what happens when that guy comes across that tile when playing with other people. Imagine you're playing with one guy who literally can't figure out how to get out from his entry position because he spawned a tile back from you. So you either have to go back and babysit him (frustrating) or wait until he figures it out (also frustrating).

Adding in an "I am lost tell me how to get back on track" key would prevent these situations from happening with no detrimental effects.