Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Has A Sense Of Humour.

Calayne

I've noticed two funny things in the game that may have been intended by the team, especially when the Glaive came in. For example:

"The Glaive was used by the first Tenno." ... Tenno?

Yes. Tenno. Hayden Tenno. Is that.... A.... Reference?!!

Not to mention, the MOAs, enemies who are basically walking torsos, have their weak points between their legs. And when you shoot them there, they call that a "Head shot".

I'm wondering if there's anything else I may have missed, but I think it may be there by design. Post if there's anything you find funny in-game!

I know, right? Beating on them with your fists...

It's...

A...

Different... kind of job now.

Haha! And I was just wondering if it was me. It's so strange! And totally weird.

Edited by Calayne

Yeah, I remember looking up a Dark Sector video showing someone acquiring the glaive. Then I decided to look up more info on the game and found out the protagonist's name was Hayden Tenno.

...Tenno.

This brought me to the wiki page, where I found out DE had a hand in making the game. I thought, "...why isn't this thing in Warframe, yet?" The following day, they released the Glaive.

Haha! Sweet! I played Dark Sector many years back, too, and the first thing I saw was Excalibur on Warframe, thinking this looked familiar. Imagine my surprise: After so many years, we're STILL playing as Tenno!

And after Easter's, I definitely wish that this team stays on as it is.  I really love the way they do things. Bunny bands on Grineers? Easter Eggs? Next we'll be fighting the Spaggheti monster, right?

No, actually, allusions are supposed to be subtle. References are supposed to be direct.

Anyway, other references include the Technocyte virus, the Jackal, the prototype armour and Excalibur, the symbol of the lotus, and probably a few others I can't think of offhand.

Heres some more: Both games desktop icon is the Lotus symbol, colors are sort-of reversed on WF's.The infection was a major part of DS. The Grineer were based off of the marines that you fight in DS (check the last livestream, the sketch artist for both shows them together)(I also seem to remember they were also called Grineer). I believe the Corpus resemble some 'worker' kind of characters that work with the DS Grineer.

I'm certain theres more, its just been a long time since I played DS. I also suspect that the stories are directly related.

Glad someone posted this, I was tired of trying to figure out how to get this out there.

Those are from the original Dark Sector, weren't they? Also, +1 for vocabular accuracy. I'm actually wondering if they'll eventually decide to string it back somehow, but seeing their response, it may be from the same lore, but different "Universe" entirely.

Haha, pretty sure it's just the artistic style! Though, it would be cool if we actually got to play on Earth itself. Ruins of the old Earth cities, located far from the blasted-lands of the Grineer Megaliths. A charred Earth, with remnants of its former glory. And amidst the ruin, a Hayden Tenno statue. Hah!