The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade System: Ok, Anyone Else Tink This Is A Good Idea?

Headwonk

Hey Fellow Gamers,

I think this game would be great with a trade system, but not everything being tradeable, For example materials should be tradeable, Warframes and weapons should not be tradeable! Maybe blueprints being tradeable? Maybe you guys/gals have a different view? Please post what you think ^_^

xTehGuy

People ill start to make accs to craft faster with the 50 plat. silly kids.

Simple solution, put accounts on a 10 day no Foundry speed up probation. Afterall, you won't be building too many items as a newbie. Or make sped up items untradeable, since you payed for them.

Edited by Mortarion

Simple solution, put accounts on a 10 day no Foundry speed up probation. Afterall, you won't be building too many items as a newbie. Or make sped up items untradeable, since you payed for them.

Except, you know, for the Cronus. And the HEK, and Afuris, and Bolto. And that being the only way to get new frames as a new player. And the upgrade macguffin. Unless you're actually suggesting punishing people who don't pay2power, which is too absurd to take seriously.

Edited by Wiawyr

Its not simple lvl cap for trade is. u guys think weird!

Guest DarkAuthority

Not sure about trading (this is a game of discovery and adventure, so to say), but a shop with 'mod bps's would be welcome. You can always buy some fancy bp, but then finding parts for it is up to you.

Edited by DarkAuthority

Im loving the responses! But a small trading system would work, i mean for example only trading materials? Everything else doesnt need to be traded that way you still have to farm for blueprints and parts!

The other day i was running Earth missions with some friends so i could get Ruebedo. I got some but my friends didnt need it ^_^ this is where a trade system would work.

I'd love the trade if it is only for mods. Please no trading for Credits and Plats. If the mod -> credit is allowed it will creat an economy where there is inflation which is bad for new players cuase they will feel like everything is too expensive. But yeah trading mod for mod is fine and we shouldn't be able to trade warframes/weapons.

what would you trade exactly? everything you have plenty of, they also have plenty of.

I would trade blueprints, mods, materials, crafted weapons and frameparts.

Yet, I am aware, that I would be cutting into DE's revenue stream. From a gamer's perspective, I'd not think twice and pass my loot to my buddies if I have extras. From a mature adults perspective, I do see the issue of reducing the influx of Platinum from making these items readily available, reaching saturation much faster. It also raises the question of tradeable/giftable Platinum and Credits, etc.

Edited by Ced23Ric

How about being able to sell Plats to other players for credits (yes the 50 starting plats might need to be reworked with that)

It would create an ecomony for everything in the game and would stop all P2Win whining. I know this works in many other games and it would also tell the devs a lot about where their current economy and prices are (BAD no offense)

Further with that i would decrease all mod selling prices to 500 credits max, reduce looted credits by 75% and would indroduce a Mod-Shop where you can buy White Mods for Credits

I would trade blueprints, mods, materials, crafted weapons and frameparts.

Yet, I am aware, that I would be cutting into DE's revenue stream. From a gamer's perspective, I'd not think twice and pass my loot to my buddies if I have extras. From a mature adults perspective, I do see the issue of reducing the influx of Platinum from making these items readily available, reaching saturation much faster. It also raises the question of tradeable/giftable Platinum and Credits, etc.

well, about the revenue aspect, they could do something akin to blacklight retribution 'trade' system, where if you want to trade you have to pay zen (plat) for each mail with items you send (like paying for stamps) or buy a trader's license, both of them low priced enough to not be a pain.

I think we should have a trade system that allows to trade mats, mods and blueprints, not more.

Edited by Eisen

Trading would be awesome to have in the game, but it's not high on our priority list right now. Adding trading is very dangerous to the economy of a game that's not 100% safe against exploits, and also limits what we can provide to new accounts considering that people will be able to make infinite accounts once the game is live. We will almost certainly add trading eventually, but I would not expect it any time soon, sorry!

Trading Basic Materials or BPs (not both), and Mods (unless they add Mod BPs) would be reasonable. Anything more than that though cuts into their potential cash flow, or would force them to drastically reduce drop chances on BPs/Materials... probably materials, and then sell boosters for material drops, to balance the income hit.

Trading Basic Materials or BPs (not both), and Mods (unless they add Mod BPs) would be reasonable. Anything more than that though cuts into their potential cash flow, or would force them to drastically reduce drop chances on BPs/Materials... probably materials, and then sell boosters for material drops, to balance the income hit.

While I understand the luxury trading would grant and obviously would be optional, what else is there right now to sink time into? Take me for instance. I have been grinding my &#! off for mag. If I could simply trade all my other warframe BP's or creds for the parts....i really wouldnt have a reason to play. At the moment with trading out of the game, everyone has a time sink and that being grinding for mats and blueprints.

just my opinion, and as i said it would be optional but for longevity purposes and content...i think its easier without it. can you imagine the amount of content(and interesting content at that) that they would have to put out on a fairly fast basis if everyone could just trade everything?

While I understand the luxury trading would grant and obviously would be optional, what else is there right now to sink time into? Take me for instance. I have been grinding my &#! off for mag. If I could simply trade all my other warframe BP's or creds for the parts....i really wouldnt have a reason to play. At the moment with trading out of the game, everyone has a time sink and that being grinding for mats and blueprints.

just my opinion, and as i said it would be optional but for longevity purposes and content...i think its easier without it. can you imagine the amount of content(and interesting content at that) that they would have to put out on a fairly fast basis if everyone could just trade everything?

Thats why I said one or the other. So long as you can't obtain both through trading, some time must be invested to obtain the other half. Ideally this would mean allowing players to trade BPs, so that if I find an Ember Helm BP (which I did) that I don't want ('cause I don't particularly) I could trade it for someone else's helm BP that they don't want/need. We would both benefit and there would be very little loss to DE.