Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Feedback

fuiseh

I have played warframe for nearly a month, and I was hooked from the very beginning, playing almost everyday to this day. I enjoyed it so much that I've found myself reading around forums and the wiki constantly to find out more about the game. All that excitement and enthusiasm has been running dangerously low however.

As of now I'm rapidly getting bored of the game, and I'm trying to find some sort of incentive to keep myself playing. I don't feel encouraged to do much besides helping friends farm and max out. Enemies have gotten rather dull. They are either easy enough to run and gun or hard enough to become bullet sponges that turn the game into a soft cover shooter. Only exceptions are bosses/bombards where I actually find myself having to dodge a little. It probably doesn't sound like much but in a game where run&gun/soft cover shooting/damage ability casting is all thats happening that little dodge mechanic coming into play feels great.

I am discouraged to try out new weapons and warframes with the current way slots are implemented. I find myself constantly wondering which to sell to make room for a new one, and I kick myself for wanting the sold ones back after. Refarming, repurchasing and remaxing weapons/warframes does not sound like fun. Neither does paying for more slots and more and more as I get over one weapon/warframe after another.

Warframes are simple once you remove the aesthetics of their skills, theres not an awful lot in terms of mechanics going on. General opinion of a warframe's usefulness, from the posts I've seen, tends to boil down to just how much quicker they allow a player to kill enemies, run and deal with damage. Sure thats what we do if nothing else, but thats the point. Thats all we do.

I have a loki and a banshee. I love using loki as I find myself always trying out new ways with decoy placement/swapping to manipulate enemies/place myself or teammates in possibly advantageous positions. I eventually found myself wanting to try out a frame with single/aoe nukes however, so I crafted a banshee.

While it was fun and still barely is I found myself wanting more. More to consider, more to experiment with my abilities and gameplay. I feel that apart from sonar and possibly silence, there is no real depth to banshee. This seems to apply to other warframes that employ simple nukes(or damage ticks/pulses) of any kind as well. I'm not saying that I think nukes don't have a place. My problem is that there doesn't seem to be any real form of synergy between themselves and other warframes. Sure maybe theres the superjump-blind/javelin exca or the volt shield-mag attractor-banshee sonar(if ever).

But how often do players actually find it justified to spend their energy reserves to execute attacks in sync to effectively take out enemies when they can easily save up for, say for example ash, bladestorms instead of doing teleport-smokescreens? Without synergy, warframes too feel dull and not worth the effort to farm and craft.

TL;DR
I feel that the game currently lacks depth and proper challenge, and a need for more end game content. Enemies need a more dynamic range of attacks(ie. dodgeable, timed) and AI to outsmart. Warframes' abilities need to be taken a better look at, ability synergies will greatly benefit the game.

I understand that the game is still in beta. Even more so I feel that I should be voicing my opinion.

Am I alone in feeling this way? I know I haven't been playing for nearly as long as most of you guys but I'd love to get feedback on this, especially from the devs.

I think a lot of people have the same opinion, and I believe the developers are aware of it too. This topic has been a hot one amongst the people, or at least, that's what I think. And it's most definitely true there's still something lacking. It's a good game, but it could be more, and I believe a lot of people also feel the same. As for me, I spent all my 50 free plats on one extra warframe slot and four extra weapon slots, but still, I'd love more.

I suppose this is the part where I'd say that if you like it enough, and you want to own everything, maybe it's fair to invest just a bit on plats: It doesn't cost very much, 16 for two weapon slots and 20 for one warframe slot.

But otherwise, spot on, friend. Many feel the same. Supposedly, there are more endgame mechanics being cooked up in the lab, but we'll have to see how that turns out: Update 8 is the big thing. Dojo clans are being implemented, new bosses, supposedly, and a few other things. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully by the time they finish the Beta stage, everything would be addressed. I certainly hope so. I love this game.

Yeah I'm really hoping Update 8 will get me invested in spending time in warframe again. I spent my plats exactly the same way!

I definitely like it enough to spend a little on plats, but I can't do that in confidence now that its dying off on me. In fact I really like it, but I think devs need to speak up more on these matters, rather than dropping vague bits and pieces during livestreams.

I suspect they're not telling us everything because it's all just a concept at this stage. They probably need to make it, then test it, and then make sure it's all balanced out, or, at least, that's what I think they do! In the mean time, I really suspect they would try to introduce more awesome things as time goes by. If it's any indication, the game so far is pretty darn sweet, and I hope it's not yet even half-done with where they want to bring it! It's a big, big universe out there, and Pluto has mention of a solar rail! We'll shoot out there some day, into the abyss of space, in search of new prey.

Or to spread Tenno genes.

I'm sure they're working on a lot behind the scenes, all the time. I just think that we deserve more communication and information from their part, what with all the speculation and confusion around the forums with game mechanics.

I can still squeeze some fun out of the game yet, we'll see. I like to imagine that every warframe cryopod we successfully defend fits in as new players, I don't know. Maybe we're all hayden tenno clones, with gender variations added in :P

What I'd like to see is a loadout system so you can quickly pick your gear before a mission, and then a 'bonus loadout' system where before each mission, random gear gets highlighted as 'bonus gear' which gets a large bonus for using. That gives you an incentive to max out various equipment and use equipment you might not normally use.