Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your View On The Strata Destruction?

Gale47

I'll keep my opinion on this short and simple.

So long the game doesn't bother providing me with context, story and reason behind what is going on, Im not going to bother giving a flying hoot about anything that is going on.

Some  fat jerk who gargled a bottle of whiskey too many is dragging his oversized space hoovers in front of our relays and acts like Im supposed to know him or what he's doing there. Right. I'll be over here, trying to make heads and tails out of what is going on why I have to consult my codex every single time to figure out why the game cannot be arsed tot ell me what the next logical step in this... ahem.. sad excuse of a "quest" is supposed to be.

"Escape the bomb? What bomb? We just LEFT that ship. Now I'm to get back inside there to escape a bomb? .. Right.."

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe when later Formorians will offer a Catalyst, Reactor, Archwing weapon parts as reward ...

So, we're at Formorian Number ... 16 and 17? And still nothing but credits. Would have been nice if they had started to offer some of the above mentioned. Sure, damage should be increased to 2 million, so the stuff isn't as easy to get. But seeing that the top of the leaderboards is clocking in at 2 BILLION damage and above ...

Personally, I don't care about the event or the relays any more at this point. The void trader has been a major disappointment on my part and the mods he offers only add to the power creep, so from my point of view it actually would be better if he was gone for a while. Apart from that? Nothing in the relays that I don't already have in my Liset so far. And people get confused/angry, if you invite them to a squad while in a relay, because they are being pulled into the relay, too, and can't change their loadout freely any more to prepare for the mission.

As far as I'm concerned - it's sickening. A boatload of capable Tenno was lollygagging around, actually *hoping* to see the Strata burn. While I certainly can understand people being curious whether the big explosion would happen or not, this also tells us much about the average mentality of the Tenno around these parts.

I mean, the game sure has its flaws and sometimes bores all of us, but should we really cheer once a whole damned Relay is destroyed by that cloned bastard? Civilians were killed, lots of them. Syndicate operatives too. Not to mention the tech that was devastated just now. Because that's what happened. Every single Tenno that's involved in the game lore cringed upon seeing these reactions. Those who don't care much about the game's universe cheered (FFS). What's your take on this, folks?

ROFL. Love when people use the word "sickening" about a video game. Did you really throw up?

Or are you roleplaying or something? Thought this was general discussion?

Edited by SOAP_Pmac

The whole relay thing seems either rushed or just lazily thrown together. There seems to be zero planning involved with the implementation of the relays and then the event. 

On implementation (when it was available to everyone), every station looked identical. Even simple common sense features like joining the relay with a squad, or being able to "choose your channel" aren't available. There is 0 functionality to the relays other than looking around and being briefly impressed for the day.

Then the implementation of the event. Players had no time, no story, no reason to protect the relays. There was no emotional or practical attachment to the relays. The only incentives for the event are to preserve 1 for the void trader, and to complete it for the subpar rewards.