Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things That One Other Game Do Better Then Warframe.

ReiganCross

GAME: Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

FEATURE: Hacking minigame.

This this this. 

In fact Deus Ex outclasses most games simply on plot alone, but lets not go into how great Deus Ex is.

Honestly the Warframe minigame isn't terrible. Sure it's not as in depth as DeH:R's, but I think that's intentional here. In Deus ex you could check over your shoulder as you hacked, and it was possible to actually stealth through a mission successfully. In warframe, stealth is still very much a rarity, and you can't move the camera while in the minigame. 

Warframe's hacking needs a second look, but I don't actually think it needs to be more like DeH:R.

Dead Or Alive has better fanservice..

Needs more hawt kunoichi and.bewb physics. Srsly.

Oh god lord! My sides!!!

I agree to a post here, this game needs better boss battles. So farming for BPs would be fun, not tedious.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be awesome if the millenia-old Golem is huge as a colossus and we get to climb and wall run to hit his vital spots?

Kinda like Shadow of the Colossus, only with ninjas...

Controversial idea inbound!

Game: Mass Effect 3 MP

Entertaining, but sadly just all defense missions with a few objectives thrown in.

What ME3 does better:

Powers. While I don't need the weight system thing, the way powers were on cool-down and the way they designed the classes made them very unique. 

Currently, I feel that I only use 1 or 2 powers per Warframe because I'm better off just shooting or using melee instead of using a power. This makes most of the classes feel like a gimmick. and it also makes other people seem less effective when they use powers over just shooting/slashing.

Game: S4 League (It's this free to play TPS that's a rotting corpse atm.)

What it does better: Wall Jumps.

A wall jump is executed by...hitting jump when you're facing a wall in midair.

You cling to the wall for a split second, then launch off - this is important - in the direction you're aiming at.

If you're facing the wall, it's a bog-standard backflip, but if you're aiming elsewhere, you can use it as forward or angular movement.

Something like this.

In Warframe, the end-of-wallrun jump occurs at a fixed angle relative to the wall.

This is clumsy, hard to predict and makes wallrunning largely useless outside of obviously designated "wallrun spots".

I can't say how often I wished I could just jump to the side after a vertical wallrun to get up to that 1-level-higher doorway instead of doubling back halfway across the room to climb a set of stairs. Sometimes I could hack it with a melee leap, but that has no upward movement so I usually end up faceplanting anyway.

Backflips at the end of a vertical wallrun may look nice and Kung-Fu Movie, but it's pretty much useless outside of the very specific spots that were painfully obviously designed to allow/force the vertical wallrun to serve as a/the-only viable navigation option.

I can't say how often I regretted horizontal wallrunning after I was compulsorily bounced off into the abyss at a 30-degree angle.

Space ninjas should have a bit more control over where they're going, right?

tldr:

Make the jump/backflip at the end of wallruns (horizontal and vertical) go in the direction you're aiming at, not at some predetermined angle relative to the wall.

It'll make movement oh so much more creative and fun than sprint, slide-jump, sprint, slide-jump, sprint, slide-jump.

Also, I feel wallrun responsiveness still needs work, but jump responsiveness in general needs work. Space ninjas still getting foiled by waist-high guardrails, natch.

Game: S4 League (It's this free to play TPS that's a rotting corpse atm.)

What it does better: Wall Jumps.

A wall jump is executed by...hitting jump when you're facing a wall in midair.

You cling to the wall for a split second, then launch off - this is important - in the direction you're aiming at.

If you're facing the wall, it's a bog-standard backflip, but if you're aiming elsewhere, you can use it as forward or angular movement.

Something like this.

In Warframe, the end-of-wallrun jump occurs at a fixed angle relative to the wall.

This is clumsy, hard to predict and makes wallrunning largely useless outside of obviously designated "wallrun spots".

I can't say how often I wished I could just jump to the side after a vertical wallrun to get up to that 1-level-higher doorway instead of doubling back halfway across the room to climb a set of stairs. Sometimes I could hack it with a melee leap, but that has no upward movement so I usually end up faceplanting anyway.

Backflips at the end of a vertical wallrun may look nice and Kung-Fu Movie, but it's pretty much useless outside of the very specific spots that were painfully obviously designed to allow/force the vertical wallrun to serve as a/the-only viable navigation option.

I can't say how often I regretted horizontal wallrunning after I was compulsorily bounced off into the abyss at a 30-degree angle.

Space ninjas should have a bit more control over where they're going, right?

tldr:

Make the jump/backflip at the end of wallruns (horizontal and vertical) go in the direction you're aiming at, not at some predetermined angle relative to the wall.

It'll make movement oh so much more creative and fun than sprint, slide-jump, sprint, slide-jump, sprint, slide-jump.

Also, I feel wallrun responsiveness still needs work, but jump responsiveness in general needs work. Space ninjas still getting foiled by waist-high guardrails, natch.

Holy smokes someone else played S4 League!... Also, yes, those jumps were way, WAY better then Warframe. I'm here hoping that instead of DE making the scenarios wall-jumpable they make the wall jump better, almost Megaman style.

All of the +1!

That's not how programs work. Your computer isn't an entity that you can try to make deals with.

I will explain it to you.

The FPS lock function exists just to do that. CoD has it, and you can work with the .DNI (I think that's the spelling) file in some games for the same purpose.

Let me give you an example.

My neighbour has a £1000 Alienware laptop. He recently brought Crysis 3 and was sad because his FPS fluctuates between 50 and ~20. Being a "sensitive" gamer, he has problems as soon as he drops below 30-28 FPS, and also when his FPS hastily drops from ~50 to below 30, which may happen in some loading scenes, upon entering a new scenario, or with enemy spawns.

So he "locked" the game's frames per second at around 32.

His FPS will never get higher than 32, which prevents framerate drops (in this case from 50 to 32). Now, I don't know all the mechanics, but this seems to stabilise the game as a whole, because parts where he'd have 25 FPS without a lock will now run at 30-32.

The lower your "lock" your FPS at, the easier this is for your computer. If my friend locked his FPS at 50, then it'd be basically useless - may as well not lock it.

As I said, I don't know exactly how it works. You can do some research yourself, or I can ask my friend. But that's how I understood it works.

I hope this has helped you somehow.