Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Way To Balance Abilities - Cooldown

gkuoni

For any moderator reading this:

I believe this belongs under fan concepts due to it being a concept, however if you feel it belongs under another subforum, please change it respectively with reasoning behind why.

Anyways now to the topic:

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned much, or I haven't seen it much, but one new addition that could be added is cooldown to abilities.

Now I'm not saying that all abilities need cooldown, because some already somewhat do. However some ultimates could potentially not be spammed any more and a buff to 1-3 would allow a lot of frames to get better in end game. It would also allow players to become smart with abilities, so they use it when they really need to use it.

Feel free to include suggestions on which abilities need cooldown and for how long.

DE has tried the idea of cooldowns in closed beta and it was removed because players would just use an ability in a room then wait for it to go off cooldown, it broke the flow of the game and thus it was scrapped. Adding CD now would make game modes such as Survival, Excavation, Defence and MObile Defence VERY HARD next to impossible due to the way enemy scale.

In my opinion the only way to balance abilities is to make all of the abilities of a frame strong such as Reworked Oberon since none of his abilities are useless or lackluster, they perform up to 2 roles that's fine since Oberon is not op at all, yes he has a lot of stuff in his kit but he is meant to be a jack of all trades master of none.

Please don't. As you said, some abilities cannot have a cooldown (Desecrate, Ice Wave, Tail Wind and others). But... Adding a cooldown to ultimate would make a LOT of people angry. Myself included. Say, Blessing spamming. Or Radial Javelin. Rep farms would go dry and stop working.

Most abilities are fine the way they. Molt is fine, Dive Bomb is fine, Snow Globe, Iron Skin... Why balance stuff that is already balanced?

With cooldown I just meant something of 2-7 seconds, not a 30s cooldown for ultimates. And as a lot have said, no I wasn't in closed Beta, so I wouldn't know, but if some abilities already have a wind up time, having a cooldown (even if it is for .5-1 seconds) would allow a lot of abilities to become better.