The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modern Weapons!

JessicaMeanie

The Glaive!!!!!1!1!!!!111one!!11! (Lol just to annoy everyone on the forums, including DERebecca)

but seriously i want to see modern weapons like AK47 and and M4A1 as reskins of the Braton (With its own sounds of course). just a request, i dont want this turning into Call of Honoraryfield : Modern Wombats, just want to see the grineer have weapons from way back in the day hiding in a cryo tube to preserve ancient weaponry

Update: hows about something of a gun that reminds you of the AK or M4 since i get a famas feel from teh braton

Update 2: How about a spear that is more stab oriented? is that good enough?

Update 3: Hoes about Dis?    http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/assault/as41/fn_f2000_1.jpg

No downvotes for the first sentence. It's just a joke!

Update ^: im at 11 staaaaaaahp!

Edited by SyriMeenie

Call of Lotus: Modern Warframe 2

RAMIREZ! TAKE OUT THAT GRINEER WITH A FLYING KICK!

RAMIREZ! OPEN THAT CRYOPOD WITH YOUR FRAGOR!

RAMIREZ! SUGGEST A BAD IDEA THAT WILL RUIN IMMERSION!

Thanks for making me spit out my drink in the form of a glorious rainbow during class!

Downvoted for the first sentence.

Actually, believe it or not. Modern weapons are trademarked by their respective manufacturers. they'd have to pay a licensing fee to use them in most cases. It's a lot cheaper ((and more aesthetically fitting)) to just come up with their own designs.

Isn't the AK47 too old even for Call of Duty, anymore?  I'm a magical @(*()$ space ninja that shoots one cyborg in the face with a gauss bow before turning invisible, running behind his friend, and cutting him in half with a plasma sword.

This is a bad idea and you should feel bad!

But more seriously, I don't think any realistic weapons should ever be a part of Warframe. Pseudorealistic weapons like (for example) the Strun or the Lato, however... These are weapons that REALLY COULD exist. I'm sure there's a handgun like the Lato out there, somewhere. I'm sure there's an SMG that looks something remotely similar to the Furis. But they also FIT THE GAME, because they have that sci-fi sleekness.

I can see the stranger weapons from Dark Sector showing up. They have a possible history in the game world, and they're more fitting. But REAL weapons should never be part of Warframe, because of aesthetic clashes and general NO NO NO.

The Lex is perhaps the most 'realistic' of the weapons we can use. The weapon the hostages hold (but never use) is a weapon from Dark Sector, which is itself modeled after the SOCOM Mk.23 .45 ACP handgun.

I'd love to get my hands on that gun.

The Lex is perhaps the most 'realistic' of the weapons we can use. The weapon the hostages hold (but never use) is a weapon from Dark Sector, which is itself modeled after the SOCOM Mk.23 .45 ACP handgun.

I'd love to get my hands on that gun.

I would chew on a venomous snake for a copy of the Tekna in the hands of my Excal.

Tekna+Glaive+Excal+Braton (unless they want to throw in one of those weird looking rifles from Dark Sector too)...

I might chew on seven venomous snakes for a "Classical Tenno" bundle.

This is a bad idea and you should feel bad!

But more seriously, I don't think any realistic weapons should ever be a part of Warframe. Pseudorealistic weapons like (for example) the Strun or the Lato, however... These are weapons that REALLY COULD exist. I'm sure there's a handgun like the Lato out there, somewhere. I'm sure there's an SMG that looks something remotely similar to the Furis. But they also FIT THE GAME, because they have that sci-fi sleekness.

I can see the stranger weapons from Dark Sector showing up. They have a possible history in the game world, and they're more fitting. But REAL weapons should never be part of Warframe, because of aesthetic clashes and general NO NO NO.

Aside from the the Glaive, Nemesis's blade, and the minigun/rocket launcher combo the heavy troopers carry, all the weapons in Dark Sector are pretty closely modelled on real-life weapons. And I guess you could count the flechette bursts the Stingers and Chroma use, which I actually would kind of like to see in warframe as the shotgun-style equivalent to the Bolto and Boltor, whether as a set of arm/hand-mounted launchers or as a standalone weapon.

No downvotes for the first sentence. It's just a joke!

Dont worry, I dont think anybody will downvote you for that.

but seriously i want to see modern weapons like AK47 and and M4A1 as reskins of the Braton (With its own sounds of course). just a request, i dont want this turning

Well but that is the one that will make your post a red zone....

Skins like that dont even fit the tiniest bit into warframe. So why should they add them?

They would look ridiculous. And the work they spent on creating these skins can be used so much better.....

Actually, believe it or not. Modern weapons are trademarked by their respective manufacturers. they'd have to pay a licensing fee to use them in most cases. It's a lot cheaper ((and more aesthetically fitting)) to just come up with their own designs.

As long as you just use the weapon's numerical nomenclature, you can dodge that legally. It is difficult to do so, however. They'll come calling with lawyers hoping to crack you. It's not worth it. A lot of small-time or indie devs will dodge this issue entirely by simply changing the name of the weapon.

Here's an article, if you're the literary type: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-shooters-how-video-games-fund-arms-manufacturers

Aside from the the Glaive, Nemesis's blade, and the minigun/rocket launcher combo the heavy troopers carry, all the weapons in Dark Sector are pretty closely modelled on real-life weapons. And I guess you could count the flechette bursts the Stingers and Chroma use, which I actually would kind of like to see in warframe as the shotgun-style equivalent to the Bolto and Boltor, whether as a set of arm/hand-mounted launchers or as a standalone weapon.

I do remember some funky rifles. Looked like they began life as AK-47s but then someone wanted to staple scrap metal to the sides. Forget what they were called, it's been awhile.

I would like to see the more interesting humanoid technocyte critters in the form of warframes in the game, of course updated for the appropriate look.