Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health Regeneration From Melee Executions: A Concept Shamelessly Ripped Off From Space Marine

MJ12

In Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE, you didn't have health pickups but your health didn't regenerate. Instead, to regain health, you killed things in close combat.

This was awesome, because it meant that melee was properly high-risk high-reward even with guns that were actually extremely powerful and accurate.

So this is a fairly simple proposal:

1. Remove health orbs from the game. Well of Life can stay, it'd be the mainstay of ranged healing.

2. If you kill someone via melee attacks (or a melee execution that's only available against low-health enemies/downed ones), you get some health back. Maybe +5-15 a kill depending on how conditional it is?

This retains the fast-paced gameplay of Warframe, improves the balance between melee and gunplay (because a melee character now is healing as he kills, while a gun-using character doesn't heal to make up for the fact that he's taking less damage), and removes the immersion-breaking red health orbs that look like they're right out of a fantasy game.

Feel free to  make a melee oriented Rhino/Saryn player like me OP through such a change because having a sentinel regenerating 600+ shields in an instant after they failed is not enough and we definitely need health per kill to keep the huge 600+ Hitpoints pool at max. I like it ^^

You get health damage in this game?

I thought that only happens with toxic ancients.

Seriously, the times I take HP damage is when I'm half AFK watching a movie at the same time as playing. Especially with a sentinel this almost never happens.

Edited by Mietz