The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff The Older Weapons!

Voxcaster

Hey DE and all readers,

I'm not saying the older weapons are underpowered or anything, and I fully realize that this game is PvE, but it's just not as fun to use them when the new items make killing so much more efficient. I'd love to see some more variety but it just makes life so much more difficult when you try to use them.

Specifically I'd love buffs to the Heat Dagger/Sword, Ceramic Dagger, Pangolin Sword, Latron, Burston, Snipetron, Sicarius, Jaw Sword, and Amphis. I might be forgetting some but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Right now, it's more than a little disappointing to find a rare blueprint from an alert like the one for the Pangolin Sword and then find out it's much worse than the Cronus, a starter sword whose blueprint has a 100% drop rate from the first boss. 

While just a straight buff to stats (damage/fire rate/etc) would be great, my suggestion would be to grant these items unique properties, like innate shield piercing on the Pangolin or a built in max level fire mod for the Heat Dagger and Sword that doesn't cost mod points. For rifles, things like knockdown for the Latron and innate puncture for the Snipetron would be great.

I understand that those ideas might be harder to implement, though. I think we'd all be very happy with straight buffs to stats if unique weapon abilities proves to be too complicated. Just buffing the general damage and speed and/or adding more polarity slots to the melee weapons and firearms listed would be enough to make receiving the blueprint for one something to be excited about, or to make them worth buying/crafting.

Sincerely,

A fan of the game.

Found out the Pangolin sword had innate stun and triple damage vs. infested. :C

any sharp weapons has that and the stun is normal in longsword, nothing special.

Theres a whole problem with balance right now (im talking about buffs)

Edited by Dasmir

if you are basing this on what you read on the forums or the wiki then dont. people will often throw a fit over a 1% difference in numbers that dont mean anything ingame.

that is not to say those weapons are wonderful. the have their problems, and there are certainly some that are a bit too effective at most things.

that being said you can mod anything to be more than enough for any one mission. those weps can serve as something to do when you have used Duel Ethers to death or what have you.

you are always going to get direct comparison and in time, with new weps each week, some will fall behind. there is no helping that.

but in this game it hardly matters. use what you want. i had a grand ol time with my Amphis. why bother being more efficient when i blew things up just fine? and had plenty of fun doing it.

Honestly, I don't think it's as much an issue with strength with weapons such as the Latron as much as it is hitbox registering headshots. I feel like the process of attaining headshots is much easier when NOT aiming down sights. Then again, this may be a user thing. However, I do think that the Latron should probably have better damage versus armored body shots. The snipetron could stand to get some buffs as well. I see many more users equip Paris over the Snipetron. 

Honestly, I don't think it's as much an issue with strength with weapons such as the Latron as much as it is hitbox registering headshots. I feel like the process of attaining headshots is much easier when NOT aiming down sights. Then again, this may be a user thing. However, I do think that the Latron should probably have better damage versus armored body shots. The snipetron could stand to get some buffs as well. I see many more users equip Paris over the Snipetron. 

Is it odd that I read your post in Hermaeus Mora's voice?

It's too bad I'm late for responding to this. I am actually completely okay with you reading my text in Hermaeus Mora's voice. Best Daedric prince ever. hahahah. It is too bad the Devs might not read this; the hitboxes for ADS vs non-ADS seem to be very skewed the right. I have to line shots up on the right end of my crosshair rather than the center.