Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember 5.3 patch and general first impressions/feedback

NexiKuro

I started playing several days ago and bought(sue me) ember almost immediatly being somewhat dissapointed with some of her skills and pleasantly surprised by others. Then a couple of days in 5.3 happend and several of her skills got revamped, jaay! Having played with the new set a bit I'm still not entirely satisfied and feel there is still room for improvement.

Note that I'll try not to ask for her to become the next finger of god that aces multiple rooms with one ability, but being a fan of the warframe I can't guarantee that I wont. :P

EMBER

Her overal appearance is great, change it and I'll cut you. Besides, you could just sell skins to the people who don't like it, all that money, think about it.

Ability #1

Basic ranged damage skill, deals damage upfront and does damage over time(DOT) for bonus awesomeness. This skill is fine although aiming it still feels a bit wonky sometimes.

Ability #2

Formerly ability #3 and an aoe stun, now a damage reducing shield with an upfront small range aoe DOT, which is cool. It would be cooler if it would sync nicely with her #4 if that still did what it did(I'll get into this later)

Tooltips on the skill tree are horribly inacurate, no mention of the shield at all, though it is listed on the patch notes.;

Also/edit: it would be cool if it had a chance to set people hitting you in melee on fire.

Ability #3

This hurts people with a tick if they're standing on the ring itself, wall of fire kind of thing. It was surprisingly good as a #2 skill versus infested(you could kite multiple rooms onto it) . With the lack of melee enemies in this game it's a bit too situational for the energy investment of a 3 skill and only really good solo(because it's a very defensive skill and 4 players is currently gogogo).

I would suggest adding a pushback to it when you cast it, meaning you throw ranged enemies inside the circle through/into the fire, giving it some more offensive uses.

I was gonna say that maybe the bo could throw people into it but it only seems to throw people once they're dead >_>

Abillity #4

This was a cool high risk high reward ability, murdering multiple enemies in close range with you at the same time.

Now it only targets one enemy at a time but its range has been increased. Its currently very weird, with the skill choosing who it burns rather randomly, for example: I was in a prison room and popped it to murder the people on the middle/entrance deck, instead of burning the people I was attacking the skill was taking out enemies on the top deck shooting down at me(about 7-10m away). Which was convenient, but counter intuitive and weird.. It would seem that running up close and popping it from cover is the best use for it now(tested and confirmed..), which is utterly ridiculous. D:

Please return this thing back to the way it was and maybe give it a linear buff, range and/or duration maybe? Skill #2 should help with charging in and surviving now, so it should be more viable.

Abilities general

Tooltips with actual stats would be nice, not all tooltips are accurate and you have no idea how much impact a skill is gonna have before you use it.

DOTS! Give ember more dots! Her whole concept it setting things and peope on @(*()$ fire, why doesn't it hurt them to be on fire? reduce #3 and #4s damge by 66% and make them do an additional 66% over 3 seconds(that stacks, obviously) or something. And before people complain about a 33% damage buff, mobs get instagibbed like crazy in this game a change like this will probably only hurt ember in team play.(I dont care, I want loads burning people dying over time.)

More general stuff

More abbilities interacting with the environment(like volts overload, I think?) would be cool, though I get that shouldn't be a priority atm.

More high level weapons(as in dropped blueprints) would be cool, Like high end gloves or a staff. that could give some more variation. There are a lot of swords atm, I dont know if they do anything special but it feels kind of excessive.

Give melee weapons the ability to hit multiple enemies at the same time. If this feels overpowered give us mods that let us do this(Unless puncture does this for melee, but I've never seen one for melee so wouldn't know.), call it cleave or something and make it reduce damage on secondary targets by X% stacking multiplicatively. Meaning: one mod gives cleave with 50% dmg on secondary targets, so it reduces damage by 0.5. adding a second mod would be 0.5 x 0.5 meaning 0.25 reducition = 75% damage on 2ndary targets. so you cant hit 100%

High end/rare+ mods dropping of bosses in addition to blueprints. Each boss dropping certain mods, meaning you can actively hunt down the mods you want. Since they're speshul and rare they would probably have higher stats than normal, you can compensate it by capping the amount of identical high end/rare+ mods a warframe/weapon can equip.

Maybe a boss that drops warframe x blueprints could also drop a very specific warframe x mod?

Gorgons texture thing seems to happen when host or not, when I play solo or host its green, when I join its colored.

ALSO(edit), currently when you're doing a corpus(was it?) mission and infested show up halfway, they're all bugged out on the turrets, because they can't reach them. I like the idea of running into conflicts between races aboard ships but it could be handled better. With an actual front line maybe? expanding the environment with open or invaded hangar/shuttle bays or other entry points for invaders would help with making it more immersive.

If you're adding more specific ship designs for each race, you could even have 2 large ships docked together with you having to get your 2ndary objective on the attacking ship.

Thats about it sofar, hope it's not too long/chaotic.

And please, discus!

edits: clean up, grammar, etc.

Edited by NexiKuro