Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting People To Play Different Maps

Emeryst

So I was just playing the maps one by one trying to unlock the entire system then I realised that once I completed a map, most probably I would never go back to it unless it was a defence/boss/alerts. What a waste to all the time and effort to create so many maps when players are just gonna end up farming certain ones for resources and blueprints.

I think more realism can be incorporated to the maps by having something like a Threat Level

Simply, if the map doesn't get played and completed by players then its threat level increases after some time.

Then the map changes with increased in levels of enemies (to a certain cap), better drops rate etc, making it more worthwhile to play those certain maps.

And if still no one plays those maps, the threat level rises to ALERTS replacing the ones we love/hate, randomly popping up everywhere.

Instead of the planets being split by level ranges, the levels shd be split within each planet such that the first few maps in the route are lower level ranges, growing at a slower threat rate and have a lower caps. Planets are unlocked in the similar fashion but now unlocking them would mean we have a new chain of low to high level missions. New players can even begin from different corners of the solar system.

Of course other details need to be adjusted like drop rates and determining a suitable threat level growth rate. But these are just my thoughts as the gameplay is getting a little too repetitive. 

Sounds like a nice idea. Right now the only missions that are really repeated are defence and mobile defence missions. It is kind of sad since there are so many nice tiles that don't go with those modes. This suggestion will add back the replayability and make it less farming and more playing other levels.

A similar idea was kinda touched on in the past, as an Alert System rework. The key difference being instead of a level alert, a Planet would be invaded by X Faction and all Tenno had to clear the levels a set number of times to win the battle. If certain levels were played much less than others, then those levels may still have harder enemies to face after the Alert.

I feel either implementation would aid diversity and really encourage people to continue playing, especially if these invasions had longer lasting implications the longer they were left alone.

+1

Also, here's a link to the original suggestion, if others are interested.

Edited by Azure_Kyte