Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating A Dynamic Sol System : A Concept

neKroMancer

As we all know from the Q&A session a few days ago, update 8 probably going to be a clan update. However, the current Warframe universe is extremely static. There's no sense of dynamic, no sense of war in the system. Clan may change that but without the AI fighting back, it'd be no fun.

The objective of creating a dynamic Sol system are.

1. To create a mid-late game content.

2. To unite playerbase with purposes that're greater than themselves.

3. To add an ever changing balance of power in a larger scale.

To create a more dynamic universe and a sense of conflict, we have all the ingredients: 4 factions vying for power and territory. There're two components, automated and scripted events that shape the dynamic in the system.

1. Automated power shifting

The following is a concept that I originally posted in datoamo's post about the automated power shifting between factions.

"The war in the Sol system should be dynamic with each faction vying for power and territory. I think this idea should evolve into a territorial war between the awakened Tenno under the Lotus and the other three factions. When players fight their way through the system, more Tenno influence spread in the system resulted in less enemy spawned per mission with higher low level loot count relative to the mission's level.

However, this will resulted in the rest of the invaded faction's system become more alerted to the Tenno threat. More elite troops will be found defending their remaining territory thus better chance of loot from these elites. Other less invaded faction will spawn more regular mooks with normal loot which will probably expand their territory into other faction's.

Then the Tenno will start competing for more territory on clan basis, one star at a time."

However, AI needs ability to fight back and 'enjoy watching human on their knees' thus a seige system.

Seige system

Basically, a way for the AI to regain territory from players. AI will start sending lots of mooks, elites, and subbosses into player-controlled territory for a specific amount of time. The AI objective is singular - rudely evict players out of the territory with shear force. The more mission failure, the better. Evicted clans/players no longer have access to the region and whatever investment they have are damaged and they have to invade the system again.

Players objective is to hold the area until the timer expire. Kill as much as possible and complete as many missions as possible.

2. Scripted events

The scripted part is operations that Tenno recieve from the Lotus. There could be more than one active event at the same time. It's a community mission that allows DE to add more content based on the outcome of the operation.

Example: Operation : The Shroud

With the fast development in Corpus R&D, the Lotus believe that they're near a major breakthrough in robotic technology. This can not be allowed. All Tenno are to search and destroy hidden Corpus research centers to halt this development at all cost.

Community goal : Complete alert missions with 'capture corpus scientist', 'raid Corpus research facility' for 50,000 times in total within one week.

Personal goal : Raid Corpus facility and retrieve Orokin artifact for 5 times in corpus mission across the Sol system.

Community failure : Lesser Hyena will be released as an elite corpus troop. Corpus Moa are buffed for one week.

Community success : Unique Weapon/Sentinel/ Artifact will be released at the end of the week.

Personal goal success : temporary increase of all your frames' base shield for one week.

Quite similar to ME3MP's community operation but there's a consequence for both success and failure. The entire playerbase will be affected fromthe outcome of these missions. There could be multiple community missions that connected to one another which eventually create a justification of releasing a new update into the game.

I understand that's quite a lot of work but all of these are open to suggestions, critic, and addition. Post your idea and comment and I'll update the topic regularly.

I do like the ideas provided in this thread, and they are presented in a concise, well organised manner.

I think it would be amazing if Alerts didn't just pertain to sekrit items and cash. For example, wouldn't it be awesome to see a great big Exclamation Mark over Uranus, signifying that <faction> is overrunning the sector?

FmKiBTO.gif

At the beginning of the alert, all missions get their enemies' levels buffed by 1.5x

Tenno Operatives would not be able to select any regular missions on that planet at this point. They would start at one of the starting points of the planet's Solar Rails that they have access to. In this case, if a player has cleared all of Uranus and entered Eris, they could start either at the Eris entrance, or the Venus entrance. Each Solar Point/Mission, instead of just being blue/yellow, would also flash red, signifying that there is an imminent threat on the planet.

ymB9YWY.gif

Players could not play later missions they have not cleared unless invited; it would play similarly to if you were playing the planet through for the first time. As you clear these red missions, for each mission cleared, a number of counters serverside increment. The first counter being the TOTAL number of red missions completed by everyone. The total must exceed a certain limit for the overall alert to succeed.

The second counter is the total number of Tenno who have cleared that specific mission/level.

The first counter would determine whether the Tenno were successful in repelling the invasion. The second counter, if the Tenno weren't successful, or focused on the first few missions and left the furthest missions alone, would determine which sectors are still under the influence of <faction>. Tenno can still repel these invaders, and play these missions, but Elite enemies would be much more frequent, and enemy level will be increased by a factor of 1.5 whilst the "punishment" is in effect.

With this, There may be the potential for other sectors to be added to each planet, dubbed (Point Defense). The point of these missions would be to prevent enemies from reaching the point specified (This could be similar to the traditional Defense levels, but instead of the goal being protecting an object from damage, the key is protecting a certain point from getting any enemies there, at all). Players would need to Focus fire on elite enemies and rely on teamwork and powers to defend against these powerful forces.

The Materials dropped would still be the same for the corresponding planet, and Tenno can replay missions after they have been cleared.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

i really like this idea! +1

this would greatly amp up the dynamic life of the game, giving it some intrigue value, while not telling players what they have to do NOW! some can still farm, but those of us who have gotten board of farming can go use our leveled up frames/weapons and go join the great fightes for the control of the system.

I really like the idea: if we push back faction X, then faction Y comes in and beefs up! also, taking that a step further, if a specific is killed so many times, then a new boss comes in for a while who is harder, as an alert mission for 12 hours, or something like that. once that boss is killed so many times, then the system gets a nerf. if he is not killed in time, the system gets a buff!

I do hope they bring something like this in at some point, but without killing it for the farmer's. some poeple just like grinding for a while. and that is cool for them.

Also lookign forward to another faction. hope it will bring some much needed complexity to the game.

I do hope they bring something like this in at some point, but without killing it for the farmer's. some poeple just like grinding for a while. and that is cool for them.

Also lookign forward to another faction. hope it will bring some much needed complexity to the game.

Farmers are likely to turn on their no-life mode and grind these siege events like mad since higher lv mobs = better loot.

Some good ideas. Although I disagree with the idea that when there is an invasion a planet should be cleared that you hadn't not unlocked it. Part of the reason is that witht the current matchmaking it would likely cause problems with people unable to find squads because people have progressed deeper into the solar system. While you propose that you can join 2-3 missions is good, it should be unrestricted.

My reasoning is since this is a co-op game and this mechanic/system is designed to bring players together for a greater purpose it makes little sense to restrict players ability to group. It also seems strange to not have a system you previously unlocked be still unlocked (and personally it would annoy me). However if a system was completely taken over by an opposing faction, having the system be locked and start over from the begining would make sense.

Some good ideas. Although I disagree with the idea that when there is an invasion a planet should be cleared that you hadn't not unlocked it. Part of the reason is that witht the current matchmaking it would likely cause problems with people unable to find squads because people have progressed deeper into the solar system. While you propose that you can join 2-3 missions is good, it should be unrestricted.

My reasoning is since this is a co-op game and this mechanic/system is designed to bring players together for a greater purpose it makes little sense to restrict players ability to group. It also seems strange to not have a system you previously unlocked be still unlocked (and personally it would annoy me). However if a system was completely taken over by an opposing faction, having the system be locked and start over from the begining would make sense.

If you're referring to Azure_Kyte's suggestion, I think he proposed a system takeover. All playerbase got locked away from the system and they have to systematically retake it from the point of entry again.

However, I'm a bit confused with your idea. Can you clarify it a bit more?

I'm sorry for causing the confusion earlier; I didn't mean a hard lock on the levels restricting you two or three missions ahead; I meant that, like in planets you haven't unlocked, you can't play those missions without being invited.

Reworded my Wall of Text

Further idea to expand Azure's point defense mission.

With the new 'deceptively' more open map in update7. Perhaps we can add a circular map, similar to ME3MP design with open sky above our head (FB:Condor comes to mind). With open space above our heads and Lotus fighters flying around battling against Grineer/Corpus ships.

Turret defense mission.

There'll be three turrets in 4-man mission. The objective is to hold all turrets until all hostile are eliminated. The team must split in order to hold all turrets simultaneously. If one of the turret is destroyed, more enemies will be spawned per wave(they can land in the area without resistance). Player can send the sentinel to fix the fallen turret but they must hold the ground while doing so.

As a random event, player will be able to take control of the turret to fight against Subboss like hoard of Hyenas or lone high-level Jackal.

Reclaming base.

After the territorial war is over, clan that was hit by the AI and fail to defense during the invasion but able to take back their territory will have a mission to reclaim their base. Inside your old base will beturned into a last stand of a few stranded squads of routed faction. Your mission objectives are

1. Get rid of these squads from your base.

2. Powerup your base reactor and get rid of the timed explosive attached to it.

Edited by neKroMancer

Yes, yes and a billion times yes!... We NEED this kind of involvement to make this world at least a little deep. It would go SO well in the ways of envolving the comunity!

+100

Truth be told i was hoping to see a lot of Roleplaying in here too... But that DEFINITELY is a step in the right direction!

Edited by ReiganCross

Further idea to expand Azure's point defense mission.

With the new 'deceptively' more open map in update7. Perhaps we can add a circular map, similar to ME3MP design with open sky above our head (FB:Condor comes to mind). With open space above our heads and Lotus fighters flying around battling against Grineer/Corpus ships.

Turret defense mission.

There'll be three turrets in 4-man mission. The objective is to hold all turrets until all hostile are eliminated. The team must split in order to hold all turrets simultaneously. If one of the turret is destroyed, more enemies will be spawned per wave(they can land in the area without resistance). Player can send the sentinel to fix the fallen turret but they must hold the ground while doing so.

As a random event, player will be able to take control of the turret to fight against Subboss like hoard of Hyenas or lone high-level Jackal.

Reclaming base.

After the territorial war is over, clan that was hit by the AI and fail to defense during the invasion but able to take back their territory will have a mission to reclaim their base. Inside your old base will beturned into a last stand of a few stranded squads of routed faction. Your mission objectives are

1. Get rid of these squads from your base.

2. Powerup your base reactor and get rid of the timed explosive attached to it.

And holy mother are those ideas awesome and spacey! +10 for them alone!

I would love this to tie in with these two ideas:

https://forums.warfr...fiers-a-rework/

Which would add parameters to missions in this sector to have many highly damaged ships that shake and tremor, Infested ships under attack filled with gas and radiation dumped there in an attempt to flush out the infestation!

And even better, add THIS

https://forums.warfr...strategy-moved/

So that sectors under attack are full of high-tier, organized enemy types, Grineer Mechs, attacked ships are being repaired by scrambling Corpus Engineers, and easier-to-kill Jackal units roam the area to cull down the enemy forces.

The more this system changes how missions look, behave and maybe even CHANGE during their execution, and how enemies behave and how well they are reinforced or how battered they already are by enemy forces... the more AWESOME and involving it will be!

The thought of it just makes me want to buy the Grandmaster Founders Level, this would be BEST thing in a game ever!

Edited by Sherbniz