Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion : I Want Some Diversity To Charge Attacks.

Scherhardt

This idea popped up when the Glaive was released. I noticed it was clearly unique because of its charge attack being ranged so I was thinking what if the other weapons had such unique charge attacks as well. Here are some ideas i thought of.

Heavy Weapons

- 270°AoE charge attack. Current AoE is abit small IMO.

Fists          

- shoryuken!

- straight punch that knocks back an enemy.

Daggers    

- frontal stab.

Dual Daggers

- drill attack? (-KageNoShini)

Longswords

- vertical cut-in-two slash! (-CY13ERPUNK)

- two swing charge attack. (-Tetsmeha) Original Thread.

Dual Swords

- 360°spin slash. (-KageNoShini)

Any criticism is welcome.

Adding more ideas are appreciated.

Will compile if this thread goes far.

Edit : Updated ideas.

Edited by Scherhardt

+1 for better/more diverse charge attacks

basically what we have ingame currently is 

A - wide horizontal swing that either hits one or multiple targets (heavy weapons, duals)

B - focused frontal attack (fangs/furax/etc)

it would be nice to either have the charge attacks have different animations at different stages of charge, or just a wider variety of attack types based on which weapon, ie the skana prime charge is a vertical slash (makes more sense since it only hits one target anyways, the horizontal skana slash is for looks only)

this would provide more incentive to use different melee weapons based on if you wanted horizontal/vertical/aoe/focused based charge attacks, then you could pick a weapon that you liked the style/animations/attacks of as well as the stats (which is pretty much how it is now)

sure ppl pick weapons that they like the looks of, but if the performance is sub-par, looks wont keep it equipped for long

I actually made a thread about longswords and how their normal and charge attacks should be unique.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/36511-longswords-are-they-doomed-a-proposition-by-me/?hl=%2Blongsword+%2Bdoomed

It's pretty long, but i said longsword charge attacks should do two swings, both single target to increase single target DPS, making it unique from the current heavy/twin AOE charge attack.

Duals can be spinning slash? or something that looks graceful, i mean dual swords aren't used in the choppy manner they are in the game.

dual daggers could be a charging drill style attack? like jin's kick from MvC but forward instead of downwards

for longswords, well i would've liked a quickdraw slash type move that looks cool, there are no scabbards/sheaths, but ii like the idea of the twin slash as stated from Tetsmeha.