Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon

SwampyPou

Let's just say Dual Ethers and avoid a long discussion

Have not yet gotten around to them.

I can say that a good Scindo or Fragor can do no wrong.

Can i Know which melee weapon is the best ?

It is really upto personal taste and play style.

Do you like a fast weapon that does little damage or a slow one that deals heavy damage?

Would you prefer to just hit the melee key repeatedly fast, or use well-timed charged attacks?

I loved the Fangs despite all the hate, when they got to around twenty they did shine all to well.

Buuuut infested were a pain with the fangs, I've recently just got the duel ether as they caught my eye and i'm most pleased so far, just a great balance of all around damage.

It's more of personal preference or rather playstyle rather than what is best. Each excel in one area or another. Out of the ones I've used, here's what I've concluded.

Dual Heat Swords - Great charge damage, nice AOE fire ground attack. Overall good at killing everything via charge attacks, Triple damage to infested. Does ok with slashes.

Dual Ether Swords - Normal charge damage, very little AOE ground attack ( have to be right on the enemy practically for it to work ), great slashing especially with triple damage to infested (on normal attacks ). Staggers enemies. Ignores armor.

Schindo - High damage and charge damage. AOE knockdown on ground attack, Slow attack and charge speed. Movement is slowed while charging. Triple damage to infested also ( on normal attacks ). Shakes screen a bit.

Amphis - Decent attack speed. Electric AOE ground attack ( will stun corpus crewmen ). Ignores Armor. Staggers some weaker Grineer ( Managed to stagger Vor with it also, stagger doesnt seem as effective against higher level enemies though). Charge speed a little on the high side requires timing. Regular damage and charge damage.

Each of these you can apply the North Wind mod and the ground attack will also freeze anything in the area. The Dual Ether Swords however having such a little AOE won't be as effective as the other 3. All of them will also hit multiple enemies with the charge attack.

I finally settled on the Amphis myself as it fits my playstyle. I can just slide into a group, hit jump to do a flip and ground slam freezing/stunning a whole group then tear them apart with normal and charge attacks. Before then I preferred the dual heat swords due to the high charge damage and AOE burn as I had issues with the infested ( prior to Dual Ether Swords being released ). That's me though. As you see in this thread everyone likes a different weapon. So it's not a matter of "what's best" as there is no clear winner. It's a matter of what you feel comfortable with. All I can recommend really is for you to try them all and see which you like most. It'll also help get your mastery up to to unlock new weapons.

scindo/fragor are the best for utility IMO. that giant jump aoe is just so good. scindo also has a huge swing arc on the charge attack, which you can use to 1 shot all enemies you just knocked down. just remember to aim away when you begin the charge so you don't accidentally get the terrible ground attack

mathematically, DHS charge attack spam is the best melee dps

DE is easily the best for regular attack spam, which is nice for stunlocks on single targets. overrated due to the lack of actual utility, IMO

dual zorens also deserve a mention, having decent dps on both regular and charge attacks, and having a really fast slide attack that's great for some speed tricks

dunno much about the others, but on paper they all seem to be inferior versions of one of the above (besides glaive, which I haven't tried)

Edited by BoswerLK