The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Build Revisions

StoneBrigand

I think we should be able to pick which element mods combine with one another, regardless of their position in the mod slot layout. Also, I think we should be able to use the element for more than one element on a weapon. 

Example: On a rifle, you've got a Cryo Rounds and a Malignant Force (to make Viral). You could also put an Infected Clip on with a Stormbringer (to make Corrosive). What I'm envisioning is that either of the poison mods in the example could be linked with the Stormbringer, to make a Viral/ Corrosive build, which currently is impossible, unless one of those combined elements is a weapon's base damage type (Phage, Tysis, etc.) 

I also think we should be able to prevent elements from being combined, so that we could potentially have a Cold/ Heat/ Toxin/ Electricity damage build. 

Currently we have to think what is the bigger problem?  the heavies or the common trash mobs?

I'll use Grineer for my example, if we fear the light armors we go Corrosive and have Heat for HP damage or Cold if we can to deal some damage to Alloy

Now if we fear Alloy armored Grineer we can go Radiation, and have Viral to round out the Light armor and even more for Heavies,  But Alloy armored grineer are few early on so we go Corrosive.  

With you idea we give up the idea of thinking about who we fear and just stack the damages on allowing us to effectively counter an entire faction without much worry,  Kinda like how it was in D 1.0 where we just stacked damage and forgot about it.

The restrictions we have at the moment help with not just damage stacking without thought.

TL;DR: At least we put thought into it now.   With this we go back to just Stacking all the damage we want without thought.

I like how it is now, it promotes build diversity and cuts out the rainbow build from back in the day. Everyone has every element because why not, they specifically made damage 2.0 to get rid of all the rainbow builds and make us think about what elements we should choose

I might be misunderstanding, but are you saying that the change I would like implemented is something they had but took away with Damage 2.0? 

Ok before D 2.0 we had no combos for elements and no such thing as procs, instead the effects were always and all people did was stack elemental damage and Armor Piercing(ignores armor)  Meaning stuff like Boltor and Embolist and Dual Ichors and Acrid were the top tier weapons because they ignored armor meaning you just used those and everything else was meaningless.   Now we can use any guns and make them as viable as possible.  Granted most people still go for what they see is top tier and ignore other viable weapons.   With your change we'd be going back to how it was before.