The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember The Old Days?

ReiganCross

But let's be honest, you don't play Monster Hunter because of the RNG, it is well done and all but it's pretty held back. And yes, Warframe does it right and will make it even better with the added depth it shall have once completed. (As i do expect it to be at least as deep as Monster Hunter.) Also, Monster Hunter have the advantage of having a decent pacing to the game instead of being full-out "let's kill the monster!" Yes, the main idea is to kill the big badass monster, but there are pauses for farming, to search the guy, to craft, sub-missions to gather diferent materials such as bugs and minerals so you can get ready to face the badass monster. In fact, i'd say about 40% of game time in Monster Hunter you're NOT hunting a monster. As for Warframe you get nearly 90% of SHOOTING EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!! How can something such as this rely on RNG? If you don't have the depth Monster Hunter have, full time the game will be "pull the lever and food will drop until you can't eat anymore."

Again, you are right, but your qualms with the game are -not- the RNG and have little to nothing to do with the RNG.

They have to do with pacing, gameplay flow, variety and combat depth.

Yes, those aspects are still lacking in WF, no doubt about it, but they are not lacking because of the RNG. The RNG did not kill your parents, repetition did.

Thats why centralizing BPs on one boss is bad, thats why combat challenge must be increased and warframe synergy found, but none of those things are relevant to the use or not use of RNG. If you removed the RNG from this game, it would die a violent death in a week, it would not improve things at all.

Also has nothing to do with the fact if i like randomized loot or not.

Edited by Mietz

And sure you could argument the obvious solution to this all... Mod all of your weapons. And for that i say... ARE YOU FRIGGING INSANE?!

No, I just enjoy playing the game, and I use the items rewarded to me how I see fit. I naturally get tons of mods, either from defense missions or just regular mission running.

Not only do leveling mods takes WAY too much money, they don't level in a viable way unless we level the mod with it's duplicate, so you'll almost never have 2 different mods with levels, you'll just have your mod with the levels and all the fodder to level the first mod with it. And that's just the first mod, you want me to make ths about 6~8 times?! NO! THIS IS INSANE! AND STUPID! You can't honestly expect me to optimally mod ALL of my weapon with those restrictions! I barely have enough money to level up the mods i already have which leaves me with a 50+ pages of mods!! So yeah, we'll all have this stupid restriction and the only solution i'm seeing to it is ungodly insane!

Actually, modding with duplicates is the most money-efficient way to level mods.

Fusion Cores will always provide more energy than duplicates, however they come at a higher cost.

Likewise, you can fuse mods with the same polarity for the same cost as duplicates, but at a lower energy type.

At a certain point it's not worth using duplicates to add small increments to levels, and Fusion Cores become the better option, assuming you have them.

Also, how can you not have enough money? You get absurd amounts of credits for doing alerts and higher-level missions now. I'm sitting on about 600,000 credits right now, and if I wasn't such a prude, I would have spent it all on dropping into my new mods.

Also, you're complaining about something that is totally and completely fixable given that you can have more than one maxed mod of any type. Rather, you just sound lazy.

Also, you have 50 pages of mods... why in the flying F*** haven't you made new copies of mods for your most used weapons?

I literally cannot fathom how you're not combining your supposed 50 pages of mods in order to solve the supposed problem you are supposedly having.

Are you insane?