Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading In Warframe?

Michio2013

What would you guys think of this in future patches? It would put an interesting curl into the game, where there would be almost no such thing as a useless item. Right now, lots of players get things for exosuits or weapons they don't or won't use, and as a result, they just clog up inventory or get sold for a few hundred credits, while somebody who does need that item might need to farm for days just to get it. What would your opinion be on item-trading between players? Just items, mind you, no credits would be exchanged, since that would create massive changes in the value of the credits in player trading vs in getting rid of mods by selling them.

There would be no such thing as a useless item? I think trading in the confines of the items/equipment/materials we have now would end up making them all worthless. Who would farm bosses if not for mats/BPs?  "Na' no need a clan mates going to give me a banshee no need to go farm for it."

same argument, slightly stylized for each type of item inserted here. 

Yes, that's what trading does. Welcome to online games.

We'll get Clan trading in Update 8, OP.

I disagree. It took me days to get just one morphics and nearly a week to earn up the amount of alloy plates I needed for my dual ethers. If I could have traded the half-dozen exosuit mods that I don't want or need, it would have been faster for me and for whomever I was trading with. Alternately: make it so that the drops are limited to weapons or equipment you have equipped, thus making it so people don't get mocked by shotgun mod drops when they're using rifles.

Resource trading with players not too good.

Resource trading with system maybe better. For example, implement a "Space Trader".

Someone that we can visit when we need to exchange for mats.

For example, lets say 100k for 1 rare mat. or 1k uncommon mats for 1 rare mat.

It would be a good credit sink and for people who keep getting the same mats will have someway of using those mats.

Same thing can be applied to Mods too.

The FAQ doesn't say jack about trading.

Why isn’t there trading in the game?! (I wanna trade my stuff!)

We are planning on adding trading to the game. Our idea is to make it Clan-Based, so that members can share and have access to a "vault" of things. Once we perfect the details, we will let everyone know! Expect trading to be somewhat limited - we are wary of exploits and scams. 

To me, thats something.... =(

Edited by Venarge

Or him dumping a truck load of hyperbole into his post makes the whole thing look silly.

several days to get one morphic 0.o? RNG god must really hate you XD  

I know right? I got morphic by spawning in right when the boss died on my 2nd time.

No, it legitimately took me two or three days of farming. Now, this wasn't the weekend, so I couldn't spend all day doing it, but it still took me days. My luck did improve thereafter, though, and I got the alloy plates I needed within a few hours.