Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok, You Need To Make This Stuff More Intuitive.

KyRoS37

I've been gaming over 35 years. I've played about everything. You have a nice little game here, but I had a whole group quit out because we couldn't find our way out of the first level. Then I had to have a friend tell me how to equip decoy on Loki... This stuff should be explained in-game. I'm a very generous and forgiving guy. I've spent money on EVERY single F2P game I've played and like. I'm liking the combat, but you guys seriously need to improve the information flow. No need to flame, but do so if you want. I can tell you though that most people I play with would play 5 mins and say screw this if they got stuck. Poor, poor design for the introduction guys. I hope you can improve the "new player experience"... this has been the downfall of sooo many games.

it IS explained in game man. The tutorial is for that, and also there are numerous guides. Its not hard, a picture of a "Mod" can be dragged to the mod slot....not difficult. sorry but i cant stand it when people do what you just did there....its your opinion and i respect that but it came off like you purposely ment to crap on the game.... I tried it just to give it a shot and so did like 5 of my friends and we all thought it was good. Granted the intro isn't movie quality but its not a B: movie quality either. You're a tenno: a special operative fighting to rid the galaxy of threats. Your mission: Kill the enemies and make their life suck.

Edit: "IS" I had to add emphasis

Edited by RavenSting

Using powers is explained in the tutorial, but AFAIK accessing the mod screen is never mentioned. 

So yes, there is still much work to be done. 

Okay, ill give you that, but... there are many guides and there are posts and even viddeos on this site that explain it...

I figured all this out by myself. How to upgrade and equip mods, how to buy and change weapons, how to use blueprints. I think this game is intuitive enough. All the little ninja tricks aren't explained, and i figured them out just fine as well. 

I figured all this out by myself. How to upgrade and equip mods, how to buy and change weapons, how to use blueprints. I think this game is intuitive enough. All the little ninja tricks aren't explained, and i figured them out just fine as well. 

i agree man, same for me

I got stuck in the very first level in the very first match I played because the way out was through a ceiling door (the one where you climb up a crate, turn, then climb up a 2nd crate, then have to jump up into a trapdoor) and I didn't know there were such things as doors up in the ceiling and it made me very confused since normally I have a good sense of direction. So I can relate to the op.

maybe something as simple as a series of animated transparent arrows on the ground pointing the EXACT path to take on those first few levels in Mercury would be very helpful. I've seen this done in several games in the newb areas just to acclimate new players who might not know about the ability to grab onto ledges for example. maybe even text to go along with the arrows saying "Jump here" or better yet, have Lotus pop up and say it on-screen.

There does need to be better explanation of basic abilities available to those players who like to just jump in a game and start playing without doing a ton of research beforehand.

It seems the tutorial could use some more content but to quit because it all isn't explained or you got stuck....................

Until then i recommend finding some player made guides for tips and tricks then practice in game till you get "it"

I got stuck in the very first level in the very first match I played because the way out was through a ceiling door (the one where you climb up a crate, turn, then climb up a 2nd crate, then have to jump up into a trapdoor) and I didn't know there were such things as doors up in the ceiling and it made me very confused since normally I have a good sense of direction. So I can relate to the op.

maybe something as simple as a series of animated transparent arrows on the ground pointing the EXACT path to take on those first few levels in Mercury would be very helpful. I've seen this done in several games in the newb areas just to acclimate new players who might not know about the ability to grab onto ledges for example. maybe even text to go along with the arrows saying "Jump here" or better yet, have Lotus pop up and say it on-screen.

There does need to be better explanation of basic abilities available to those players who like to just jump in a game and start playing without doing a ton of research beforehand.

I can agree with that i guess :-0. That is kinda how I felt when i had to go through the roof too. I realized as soon as I saw the ramp though so that is a hint

The fact that we are asking for arrows to direct us around because we have forgotten to look upwards is a testament to the downfall of gaming, gamers and game designers.

We have bred a generation of people that has zero perception and vertical spacial awareness.

"Spock: He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."

The problem is it gets really annoying really fast when people bash something that is in production.

I admit it was out of line what i said at first but i cant stand when people do that kinda thing...they just bash a game until no one will even want to try it, and the game is great.....it just needs to be worked on

I agree that this game is currently not very intuitive. Yes, everything can be figured out if you sift through the Wiki & myriad of forum posts, but that further illustrates that the game itself isn't very intuitive. I believe DE said that that is something they were wanting to work on in the near future. Saying someone is too old to play this game also accredits the difficulty in figuring this game out, because 35 years ago games definitely required reading the manual to get anywhere.

I've been gaming over 35 years. I've played about everything. You have a nice little game here, but I had a whole group quit out because we couldn't find our way out of the first level. Then I had to have a friend tell me how to equip decoy on Loki... This stuff should be explained in-game. I'm a very generous and forgiving guy. I've spent money on EVERY single F2P game I've played and like. I'm liking the combat, but you guys seriously need to improve the information flow. No need to flame, but do so if you want. I can tell you though that most people I play with would play 5 mins and say screw this if they got stuck. Poor, poor design for the introduction guys. I hope you can improve the "new player experience"... this has been the downfall of sooo many games.

Don't let these young little flamers make you even think about flinching man, GAME ON,  die with a F'en controller in your hands! I will agree this game NEEDS some work. Myself and Several of my friends that I brought in from Steam made the mistake of Fusing all of our Starter Warframe Specific abilities together thinking they would combine the powers or something..

It wasnt until several HOT patches later did DE decide..this is a problem so they put a BLOCK on the ability to FUSE or Sell the last Warframe or Sentinel Specific mod because SO many people YOUNG AND OLDER made the same mistake...

I'm with you on this, but I still support DE, they were building a game on a shoe string budget and rushed it to the market because they realized they may have captured lightning in a bottle...then we the BETA gamers are their unofficial QC team..its Free to play and offers everything you can get through what is really minimal gaming effort.

I have to agree with you, and just advise you to not lose hope..hit up the google and use the region chat whenever you come across an issue.

Peace Tenno!

Don't let these young little flamers make you even think about flinching man, GAME ON,  die with a F'en controller in your hands! I will agree this game NEEDS some work. Myself and Several of my friends that I brought in from Steam made the mistake of Fusing all of our Starter Warframe Specific abilities together thinking they would combine the powers or something..

It wasnt until several HOT patches later did DE decide..this is a problem so they put a BLOCK on the ability to FUSE or Sell the last Warframe or Sentinel Specific mod because SO many people YOUNG AND OLDER made the same mistake...

I'm with you on this, but I still support DE, they were building a game on a shoe string budget and rushed it to the market because they realized they may have captured lightning in a bottle...then we the BETA gamers are their unofficial QC team..its Free to play and offers everything you can get through what is really minimal gaming effort.

I have to agree with you, and just advise you to not lose hope..hit up the google and use the region chat whenever you come across an issue.

Peace Tenno!

I agree too that the game needs help but, you can figure it out if you try.....its really simple

I admit it was out of line what i said at first but i cant stand when people do that kinda thing...they just bash a game until no one will even want to try it, and the game is great.....it just needs to be worked on

So you bash the OP? What does that say about the community when you flame him for making a decently thought out suggestion? There was literally no reason to be a $&*^ to him and you just kept posting. Seriously just drop it and leave.

@OP There's a degree of tutorial that all games need. While I don't really think the mod page needs a tutorial, the UI definitely needs to flow better. Some games that give you a tutorial on everything with an essay on everything can be extremely daunting and boring for some new players. Right now I find that the tutorial on basic combat is enough, but should be improved with some of the more current stuff.

So you bash the OP? What does that say about the community when you flame him for making a decently thought out suggestion? There was literally no reason to be a $&*^ to him and you just kept posting. Seriously just drop it and leave.

@OP There's a degree of tutorial that all games need. While I don't really think the mod page needs a tutorial, the UI definitely needs to flow better. Some games that give you a tutorial on everything with an essay on everything can be extremely daunting and boring for some new players. Right now I find that the tutorial on basic combat is enough, but should be improved with some of the more current stuff.

okay thanks man, im trying to save this game from ending up like that game brink. that game was decent until a few problems turned into a beatdown on the creators and the game.... dont wanna see that happen here....im not being a "$&*^" im simply trying to save this game from being killed before its actually born

Look, the point of this was from a first time, new player. Like I said, I'm the type that will "grind it out" if you will and figure it out. Other people I know, most people in general even, don't have my patience... So, like I said, you can flame or maybe, just maybe, try to explain this stuff better. Sadly, 90% of my friends have zero patiences and are lazy as hell. If it's not handed to them on a silver platter, so to speak, they give up instantly... such is today's youth.

Look, the point of this was from a first time, new player. Like I said, I'm the type that will "grind it out" if you will and figure it out. Other people I know, most people in general even, don't have my patience... So, like I said, you can flame or maybe, just maybe, try to explain this stuff better. Sadly, 90% of my friends have zero patiences and are lazy as hell. If it's not handed to them on a silver platter, so to speak, they give up instantly... such is today's youth.

alright i get that. sorry man, didnt mean to come off like that...im truely sorry...i just thought this post was gonna be a S#&$ fest on the game..... its not what i thought...i was wrong sorry man

Edited by RavenSting

okay thanks man, im trying to save this game from ending up like that game brink. that game was decent until a few problems turned into a beatdown on the creators and the game.... dont wanna see that happen here....im not being a "$&*^" im simply trying to save this game from being killed before its actually born

Just because you paid anything doesn't give you the right to treat anyone like crap. Quit being delusional this game isn't doing poorly at all they upgraded servers.

And yeah you were being a $&*^, inciting others to use the OP's age in a negative connotation and straight up raging from the first post up to now.