Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok, You Need To Make This Stuff More Intuitive.

KyRoS37

Just because you paid anything doesn't give you the right to treat anyone like crap. Quit being delusional this game isn't doing poorly at all they upgraded servers.

And yeah you were being a $&*^, inciting others to use the OP's age in a negative connotation and straight up raging from the first post up to now.

im not the one who said he was too old!? i laughed at this....dude my dad who is like 45 plays games still lmao...

Edited by RavenSting

Look, the point of this was from a first time, new player. Like I said, I'm the type that will "grind it out" if you will and figure it out. Other people I know, most people in general even, don't have my patience... So, like I said, you can flame or maybe, just maybe, try to explain this stuff better. Sadly, 90% of my friends have zero patiences and are lazy as hell. If it's not handed to them on a silver platter, so to speak, they give up instantly... such is today's youth.

Hey man, if you want a mature group of guys to run with Add me in game @2ply. You can join my clan as well. Update 8 will bring with it more depth and hopefully many fixes to some of these issues along with clan objectivity. I've pretty much ran this game into the ground already and can provide you with all of my Tenno wisdom on request.

Saying someone is too old to play this game also accredits the difficulty in figuring this game out, because 35 years ago games definitely required reading the manual to get anywhere.

First of all, it was a joke.

But never mind, I'll seriously reply to your serious business reply.

The wiki and forums are the equivalent modern representations of manuals. Someone as experienced as him, who went through the age of Gold Box games and golden age shooters, should be more than prepared to RTFM.

So either

a. he got lazy since...1978 

b. he got conditioned to expect handholding and embraced the new superior way of objective markers, arrows and [Press LMB to be hero].

c. he's lying about gaming for 35 years

How he could have ever completed something like System Shock back in the day ("I've played about everything.") would border on a miracle, because that game doesn't explain S#&$.

Hey man, if you want a mature group of guys to run with Add me in game @2ply. You can join my clan as well. Update 8 will bring with it more depth and hopefully many fixes to some of these issues along with clan objectivity. I've pretty much ran this game into the ground already and can provide you with all of my Tenno wisdom on request.

I heard they might be adding the trading of materials and components

im not the one who said he was too old!? i laughed at this....dude my dad who is like 42 plays games still lmao...

I'm gonna guess you don't even know what inciting means but whatever. Just gonna drop it since everyone in this thread can tell your age and won't bother anymore.

The wiki and forums are the equivalent modern representations of manuals. Someone as experienced as him, who went through the age of Gold Box games and golden age shooters, should be more than prepared to RTFM.

So either

b. he got conditioned to expect handholding and embraced the new superior way of objective markers, arrows and [Press LMB to be hero].

How he could have ever completed something like System Shock back in the day ("I've played about everything.") would border on a miracle, because that game doesn't explain S#&$.

i know it was a joke dude...my dad still games....mid life crysis for my dad lol cars,girls,games

I'm gonna guess you don't even know what inciting means but whatever. Just gonna drop it since everyone in this thread can tell your age and won't bother anymore.

omg you're impossible...nvm i wasnt trying to start a fight. lets drop it and try to be mature, alright? look this is @OP:

Ill send you some links to guides for the game and everything so maybe you dont have to grind it out... ill try to help

So either

OR...he IS correct and the game LACKS enough detail in its tutorials...WHY are you insisting on him being at fault here? You instead of being helpful made the first WISE CRACK SMART ARSE remark..Great JOB supporting your fan boy cause..with that type of treatment of new players you will have them running out the door man.

How about..you just say...yeah I can see where therer can be improvements made, and then kindly suggest some tips and go about your day?

Instead lets take a piece of his post...and STAB him with it for laughs...Great JOB TENNO..

Serioulsy man thats not helping the cause.

OR...he IS correct and the game LACKS enough detail in its tutorials...WHY are you insisting on him being at fault here? You instead of being helpful made the first WISE CRACK SMART ARSE remark..Great JOB supporting your fan boy cause..with that type of treatment of new players you will have them running out the door man.

How about..you just say...yeah I can see where therer can be improvements made, and then kindly suggest some tips and go about your day?

Instead lets take a piece of his post...and STAB him with it for laughs...Great JOB TENNO..

okay i posted some stuff like guides to help him....lets try to actually help  ok? no more squabbling and fighting....come on after all: we are all tenno

I think the problem might be that they don't want to commit to a full tutorial until they've finalized gameplay. Right now, just about everything is still subject to change, so every time they do an overhaul they would have to redo the tutorial.

Really, though, I think they should. The gameplay is awesome, but there are a few things about the game that could alienate new players - not just the lack of intuitivity in the controls. I didn't find out until much later that I could right click on the hacking panels to turn them the other way around, and there are evidently a good number of players that accidentally fuse or sell their powers because the game doesn't explain much about the fusion or mod system to the players.

Experimentation in what you can do is good, but only if the game is about experimenting and finding out what you can do. I don't think Warframe is really that type of game. Even some blurbs of text ingame that explain the mod system a bit would be useful for new players. :)

okay i posted some stuff like guides to help him....lets try to actually help  ok? no more squabbling and fighting....come on after all: we are all tenno

LOL...wow

I said all I needed to say to the correct person who needed to hear it..YOU Raven did attempt a helping hand..Great job...even if you may have jumped on that flaming bandwagon that rolled through shortly after...its all good. and I'm out!

I like what I see. But my very frist experience was a failed host migration and I lost everything. The very first map, the host quit cause he couldn't find his way out. The next level, I have my Decoy ability... then it's gone. You see, I'm not flaming, I'm trying to offer useful info to the devs. If you look up KyRoS or KyRoS37, you will that that I'm not some dumb shmuck who talks nonsese. My suggestion is to really "tighten up" the beginning of the game. As mentioned, I know a ton of players who played games like Hawken, Loadout, FireFall, Marvel Heros, Planetside 2, Blacklight Retribution, etc. and most quit becuse of one issue or another. It's hard to retain players. Take this as you will. As for the gameplay, I like what I see and my clan plays, so I may even drop $50 for a founders pack, cause I'm good like that. And yea, I've lost a step or 2 in most FPS games, but I still hold my own for the most part. Hit me up on Hawken or Blacklight Retribution or whatever :)

And yes, I'm 41 and have been gaming since 6. I play every friggin night. I also am have a full time job as a Network Analyst III and work in a start-up telehealth IT company as IT Director, so I know my sh!t. I may not be as good as my buddy on all 7 layers of the OSI model, but I'm quite proficient on the outer layers.. I also get chosen to about every closed beta based on my experience as both an IT professional and the fact that I actually provide feedback... But please, flame on. I'm beyond caring what other people think of me.

Edited by KyRoS37

ALL that CAPS and EMPHASIS made me REALLY appreciate YOUR response IN FULL! I can NOW say with CONFIDENCE that I have CHANGED my POSITION.

Seriously, chill.

OP started whining and telling us how the sky will fall if we dun don't get them tutorialz.

I would even agree with him that the UI needs work, but not in the way he framed it at as it being the game's fault if he couldn't figure out the mod screen and then he ragequit.

Me? Personally I only give intermittent fucks if he leaves or not, I'd rather have people with curiosity and a bit of sense to play with that don't get discouraged at not being able to equip mods.

I mean this isn't Dark Souls.

This game has 15000 unique concurrent players on steam daily, thats 14999 more than the op who didn't quit because of the lack of a tutorial.

I think the problem might be that they don't want to commit to a full tutorial until they've finalized gameplay. Right now, just about everything is still subject to change, so every time they do an overhaul they would have to redo the tutorial.

Really, though, I think they should. The gameplay is awesome, but there are a few things about the game that could alienate new players - not just the lack of intuitivity in the controls. I didn't find out until much later that I could right click on the hacking panels to turn them the other way around, and there are evidently a good number of players that accidentally fuse or sell their powers because the game doesn't explain much about the fusion or mod system to the players.

Experimentation in what you can do is good, but only if the game is about experimenting and finding out what you can do. I don't think Warframe is really that type of game. Even some blurbs of text ingame that explain the mod system a bit would be useful for new players. :)

yes this is all true...one thing they said in the live cast is that they will never reset characters and profiles

ALL that CAPS and EMPHASIS made me REALLY appreciate YOUR response IN FULL! I can NOW say with CONFIDENCE that I have CHANGED my POSITION.

Seriously, chill.

OP started whining and telling us how the sky will fall if we dun don't get them tutorialz.

I would even agree with him that the UI needs work, but not in the way he framed it at as it being the game's fault if he couldn't figure out the mod screen and then he ragequit.

Me? Personally I only give intermittent fucks if he leaves or not, I'd rather have people with curiosity and a bit of sense to play with that don't get discouraged at not being able to equip mods.

I mean this isn't Dark Souls.

This game has 15000 unique concurrent players on steam daily, thats 14999 more than the op who didn't quit because of the lack of a tutorial.

lmfao we all need to stop lol

I would even agree with him that the UI needs work.

Me? Personally I only give intermittent fucks if he leaves or no

See that wasn't so hard..now we all know how you feel.

Great job Tenno you have passed this test.

I agree on the point that too many games these days are released with little or no playing instructions.

Warframe's leveling, ability and modification system wasn't obvious to me at first.

But after looking around, the resources that are on the web tell you just about everything you need to know, minus a handful of obscure details that you will pick up via trial and error or asking around.

I don't get why the game mechanics need to be more intuitive, though.  Could it use a more detailed and thorough tutorial?  Yes, I think so.  But the game itself doesn't need to be made so obvious and simple that you barely need to learn anything at all.  That's no fun.

I agree on the point that too many games these days are released with little or no playing instructions.

Warframe's leveling, ability and modification system wasn't obvious to me at first.

But after looking around, the resources that are on the web tell you just about everything you need to know, minus a handful of obscure details that you will pick up via trial and error or asking around.

I don't get why the game mechanics need to be more intuitive, though.  Could it use a more detailed and thorough tutorial?  Yes, I think so.  But the game itself doesn't need to be made so obvious and simple that you barely need to learn anything at all.  That's no fun.

I would agree with this