Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-ASIA SERVER-

audimacho

Isn't the game entirely peer2peer though? I would've though the only bit going through the servers is the menus outside of missions and saving your progress after missions, where latency really isn't an issue at all.

Not sure what having an asia server would even affect with peer2peer gameplay.

Malaysian here and I'm curious about this myself. I'm not really sure how p2p or even online gaming works but would having Asia servers help at all?

I've been playing for a bit more than a week and my experience has been rather varied. I've hosted games where some complained of lag and some where the others say is fine. I've joined games that are fine but most of the time there'd would be varying degrees of lag.

Also an interesting thing to note is that the lag's not obvious during gunplay, but is extremely obvious when in melee combat (bodies take a second to get sliced apart after the initial slash).

This game is totally Peer 2 Peer which means when you start the game you are "hosting" and other people will connect to you. This means whoever is the host will be lag free(no latency at all) and other players pings will be relative to how far from the host player they are most of the time. So even if you are asians, you can host the game between all of your friends and still enjoy the lag free benefit, granted your internet upload bandwidth is good enough. The hosting player is the one who started the party, invite other player to join or people joining him as far as I know.

Additionally how the region setting works right now is just helping to group people into their selected region, so they can have relatively low ping when match together. But since right now there is only Oceania, which is closest to Asian region as we got so maybe some people in asia got match up to Australian and the latency is not that great imo.

Edited by Zeneroth

Yeah it's needed.

I'm in Japan and it's not so much that I have lag that's a problem, the problem is that I feel bad hosting because I know everyone who joins will lag...

I think I played with you once, yea the lag was pretty intence but I trucked it through anyway. Though I do like the fact that I can play with everyone from across the world. Helps bring us all together in one way or another. Though would like to see if they can improve our connectivity even slightly.

Yeah I think they should add something like South asia, North Asia as well since to be fair it is really far apart like North America and south America. It is quite okay for me in South east Asia (Thailand) to match with Oceania right now so that's not much a problem but more regions should be great.