The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javelin Idea

Scraye

So since the Glaive is the first type of ranged melee type weapon to come out, I have been thinking of another ranged type, but the heavier version you could say. two other ideas came to mind.

1 Long Javelin/Spear? (acting much like a Paris arrow but actually piercing right through anything in a straight line)

3 Smaller Javelins/Spears? (higher throwing rate but takes a longer time to come back when all 3 are exhausted)

Obviously you would use your charge attack to throw the Javelin, and a close ranged jab would work for spamming, same as the Glaive. The returning of the Javelin/spear would be the factor of making it heavier than the Glaive, maybe giving it a 1-2 second delay before returning but a 200 charge damage?

Lame idea or worth taking a look at? Thoughts?

I support the idea about a big spear.

Small spears wouldnt be necessary since throwable daggers will be introduced as silent sidearm weapons^^

Normal attacks do a combo like all your weapons and the charged will be a throw.

If you pin one or two enemies, you would be able to re-claim your spear by picking it up.

If the spear is too far away or flies into unreachable areas, it just respawns after 5 seconds.

Problem solved ^^

How would a spear come back to its owner? 

How does the glaive? It doesnt even rotate to be a boomerang or something.

It only flies back to its owner/ re appears on your arm....

Edited by Venarge

How would a spear come back to its owner? 

Have some kind of hitech wire/chain attached to it and some sort of automatic device to pull it back?

Having the Javelin to pierce targets would make it more viable against large groups of enemies than the Glaive with it's random ricochets at the moment.

How does the glaive? It doesnt even rotate to be a boomerang or something.

It only flies back to its owner/ re appears on your arm....

The Glaive resembles a huuma shuriken which looks UFOish enough to fly. A spear would look pretty awkward flying backwards into its owner's hands.

A wire hooked to the shaft would look quite strange as well.

The Glaive resembles a huuma shuriken which looks UFOish enough to fly. A spear would look pretty awkward flying backwards into its owner's hands.

A wire hooked to the shaft would look quite strange as well.

If the glaive can magically fly back to its owner, why shouldnt a spear have this ability?

And just because the glaive looks like an ufo doesnt make it more realistic than a spear returning to its owner...

Besides that. Most times, the glaive only re-apprears in your hand after your throw it. I dont see a problem with that happening for a spear too...

Edited by Venarge

If the glaive can magically fly back to its owner, why shouldnt a spear have this ability?

And just because the glaive looks like an ufo doesnt make it more realistic than a spear returning to its owner...

Besides that. Most times, the glaive only re-apprears in your hand after your throw it. I dont see a problem with that happening for a spear too...

I never said it should not have this ability, I just pointed out how weird it would look.

I suppose you've never seen huuma shurikens in games or film before so I can understand that you find the idea of the Glaive returning to its wielder as hard to believe as a javelin soaring through the air back into it's owner's hand.

But like you said, it'll probably be best if the spear could simply reappear by the thrower's side after it is thrown.

One idea of the spear would be that it retracts and extends much like the Glaive currently, it would look like a smaller Bo on your back, and it would extend once in your hand. coming back would maybe be simpler then?

Or be well like you say, just respawn next on you. Kind of like a throwaway Javelin, and the holster remakes a Javelin every 3-5 seconds for you to throw away, dissolving after being thrown and impaling a couple of people.

Edited by Scraye

One idea of the spear would be that it retracts and extends much like the Glaive currently, it would look like a smaller Bo on your back, and it would extend once in your hand. coming back would maybe be simpler then?

Or be well like you say, just respawn next on you. Kind of like a throwaway Javelin, and the holster remakes a Javelin every 3-5 seconds for you to throw away, dissolving after being thrown and impaling a couple of people.

I was going to use word "dematerialize" instead of dissolve but that works for me. The idea itself isn't bad.

The extending javelin, it definately would bring a unique touch (or even a second) to the weapon.

Edited by flaicher