Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Opinion About Warframe

Skream_UK

Sup,

In this thread I want to explain how I feel about this game in its current state, through all the things that I love and all the things that I dislike or think that need a little more attention. Feel free to express you're opinions below, I know some will agree/disagree with what I say. I'm approaching this with an open mind and trying not to be bias, you will most likely see me comparing this to other games, I am a very big gamer so if I compare this to a popular game don't just assume that I'm a fanboy and i only play one type of game. I understand the game is in beta so don't judge, I'm only expressing my opinion, I understand this game cannot be perfect that this stage.

Personally for Warframe at this stage (Open beta) I think that it's fantastic, one of the main reasons is I have paid for games whilst they have been in beta/alpha and I have never had a good outcome, I would happily pay money for this game. It seems I have been let down by several games in the past this game seems to be the light at the end of the dark money @#&*( game developer tunnel. I should probably start with the first thing that I was impressed with in this game, it still blows my mind and that's the movement engine.

The movement engine in this game is spectacular, if anyone has played Gears of War to a high level you would know how satisfying it is to master the wall bounce in that game. Another game I would like to compare with is battlefield 3, I feel that the movement in that game is very nice as well. However these popular games have nothing on Warframe, this game has one of the most advanced movement systems that I have ever seem and I feel that it is a revolutionary step forward in terms of what futuristic shooters standards should be. I won't go I to details again what you can do because from the start you are able to figure out for yourself what moves you can do, it make take a day to master if that. There are a lot of complex moves which some probably don't know about but that's what I like, the whole mystery of not l know intent what this engine is capable of.

Contradicting everything I have just said I will talk about the aspects that annoying me with this movement system. I feel that it is very unresponsive, the engine cannot handle all the buttons being pressed and when I actually hit a key it won't do it unless I hit it at least 3 times, an example of this is when you try and flip - air slide - ground slide - flip. You can repeat this combo if you have a long corridor and pressing these binds once doesn't activate them sometimes. Another really annoying thing is when you try and jump, and it just doesn't work, at... all. Moving on from the technical side is the key bindings, I wish that I had more accessibility in the sense that I have more options I what I can actually use for bindings. Simple options like, double tap feature is some people like that, or another popular is a toggle sprint, which would save you somewhat spamming shift.

The thing that I feel is the next best thing on my list is the graphics for this game. They are absolutely amazing apart from the blinding bloom ^^. I don't have a game to compare this to in graphics term because it just on a whole new level, I don't have anything else to say about the graphics they are pretty good. Onto the down side if the graphics I will post my spec first and explain after;

SPECS:
AMD bulldozer 4100 Quadcore 3.6gz
Radeon HD 6950 1GB
8GB RAM
3TB HDD

They are the essentials, as you can see I have a mid ranged build and have no problem running this game, according to my specs and the "can I run this game" thread somewhere on the forums. I have confirmed this with my friend who has a high end intel/nvidia build that he get fps drops either when there are a lot of mobs, or there is a lot of particle effects like skills. This game needs to be optimised!!! Some of the options in the video settings don't even change anything, AA, Shadow and Texture quality should be the main things which change how well the game runs, changing them I feel only slightly changes how the game looks visually. The game looks very nice I agree, but when it goes to getting high fps and looking nice, I chose high and smooth fps any day and I think other gamers would agree.

I will now talk about the gameplay aspect since this is more of a lesser matter, content is coming out weekly and I have only a few issues.

I have a lot of experience on this game, around 150 hours and in mastery 5, 50% through and I have had this game around a month somewhere I believe.

Personally I love the linear mission design, some hate it by the looks of thing and find it boring. I think it's easier to tell where you are progression wise in the game and it shows you how much you have accomplished. I also really like the foundry and mods system, when you make something in the foundry it takes forever but it gives you a sense of accomplishment, its not impossible but maybe a little annoying how you have to collect materials for ages and then wait around 4 days to build a Warframe. The downside to the mods system I think is the capacity, I feel the mod capacity should be increased more, which would increase max levels for the weapons, this is because it would reward the players who have played for longer and have highly upgraded mods, it makes it challenging to equip a lot of awesome mods if they are fully. The aspect I will finish on which has stopped me playing Warframe for a few days is the fact that the new mele weapon was released and I have to wait for it to come up in an alert to get it, I have already paid $100 on founder package I don't want to pay for everything, and I seriously hope that this game doesn't turn into a pay to win, finally potatoing is @(*()$ expensive.

Sorry if there are some ridiculous typos, I did all this on my iPhone, I have too much free time at collage today.

Peace,
Skream

Edited by Skream_UK