Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Fomorian Event Wasn't That Great

Deidaku

From my perspective at least

We've been told about the fomorians since about a year ago with the hek event and new mission type ( that nobody plays at all for some reason)

We were like oh sh*t what's  a fomorian? can we eat it? And we waited for a long time. in fact too long imo. I had totally forgot about them and we just got the relays. the hype died down too much

So hek threatening to blow up our not finished kind of bland relays wasn't the right way to go.

If the relays felt more alive (best example is the mass effect locations) people would have saved way more relays loot or not.  But on top of that there was no reason to run  a fomorian morethan once.

+I personally was expecting something way different ( hybrid AW/on foot missions ) sabotage the fomorian Deathstar style like in the trailer.7

And there could have been more variety in fomorian battles

> there could have been AW hijack /mobile defense missions ; defend the cargo c/evacuations ships while they're evacuating the relays from grineer enemies.

> AW  survival ( not sure how that would work) , but you'd basically have to survive waves and waves of enemies to distract the fomorian and the grineer fleet while others infiltrate the thing from the rear. 

> AW:  Sabotage: on grineer cargo ships : cripple / destroy the cargo ships to prevent them from resupplying grineer forces.

SO much opportunities wasted imo. 

Yes AW is still a baby gamemode....that why the even could have waited a bit ( +theses holidays we're the best timeslot for an even like this ) 

Also what was really annoying:

crafting the keys one by one and requipping them every single time. 

please give us the option to craft event keys in bundles DE!

Anything to add guys?

Admittedly annoying to build one by one but just to point out that if you just build a few then you don't need to re-equip it each time.

What annoys me was that i got to the event late and there was at most only 2 fomorians a day, event ended and i only had 9.... i really wanted those mods and the vandal too.

It was not what I expected. I thought it would be the archwing and warframe hybrid gameplay where you start on foot as your warframe then you play on your archwing (like acquiring the odanata questline). But instead it the same, easy sabotage mission each time. I did not feel threatened by the Formorian at all since half the time the big lug whiffs its laser with even the smallest amount of alertness.

The two formorian a day felt like artificial lengthening of a boring event. 

Watching the relays explode was fun though. 

Rating: 2/10 Event was a resounding "meh" for me

Edited by petrichor1991