The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Artifacts Purchasable

Deathbyname

I am getting tired of random alerts not being so random and constantly being ? alerts while I'm asleep or at work.  At the current state I will never be able to get any of the decent ones because they are always in time zones that are not possible for me to be on.  I don't mind mods RNG because you can grind them until they drop, this is a good system.  Either randomize the alerts more so they are not happening always between 2am pst-4pm pst time or find a better way of distributing artifacts because some of us cannot live on this game.

I wouldn't even mind if they were blue printed with a ridiculous purchase price of 500,000 credits.  Some way of having them being able to be grind-ed vs the current method of hoping and praying that I do not have to sleep or work during good alert times.

Either randomize the alerts more so they are not happening always between 2am pst-4pm pst time or find a better way of distributing artifacts because some of us cannot live on this game.

Alerts are already random. They don't have a set time range at which they appear.

It's just luck of the draw, keep doing any ? alerts you come across and you will eventually have everything you want.

Just because you happen to be asleep or at work doesn't mean the alerts aren't random and are somehow purposely avoiding you.

You may have been just unlucky but eventually you will be able to collect all the artifacts.

All I'm suggesting is if they have a game model that supports real money transactions, or p2p, they should make them purchasable and I would buy them, but other alternatives are good too because it promotes people playing the game to grind for them.

and randomized? no the alerts may be "random" but I've been on every day for two weeks and there has yet to be a potato or artifact in my time zone.

From a monetary point of view it makes sense. Also, since the artifact is beneficial to the team in general and rather generic in its purpose, there is no real reason to deny it other than "I had to work for it". If people want to pay for it, why not?

It's not really worth buying, you'll get it eventually cause ? alerts contain more artifacts than bp's in my oppinion.

Actually why not "make artifacts sellable" i think i have stacks of every card.... Would be handy to sell them.

You don't have stacks of them. Artifacts aren't awarded if you already own them -- or rather, they're awarded and then quietly discarded.

I wouldn't object to Platinum artifacts. I wouldn't buy them, but I wouldn't object. They should be fairly costly though, considering how useful they are. Somewhere in the $20-25 (150-165 Plat) range.

You don't have stacks of them. Artifacts aren't awarded if you already own them -- or rather, they're awarded and then quietly discarded.

Sad that they discard it... oh well i still would sell my scavenger artifacts

The only artifacts worth keeping are enemy radar, rejuvenation, energy siphon and steel charge imo.

Sad that they discard it... oh well i still would sell my scavenger artifacts

The only artifacts worth keeping are enemy radar, rejuvenation, energy siphon and steel charge imo.

Personally I'd like to see an upgrade system applied to artifacts, similar to mods except automated -- fuses all duplicates.

I am getting tired of random alerts not being so random and constantly being ? alerts while I'm asleep or at work.  At the current state I will never be able to get any of the decent ones because they are always in time zones that are not possible for me to be on.  I don't mind mods RNG because you can grind them until they drop, this is a good system.  Either randomize the alerts more so they are not happening always between 2am pst-4pm pst time or find a better way of distributing artifacts because some of us cannot live on this game.

I wouldn't even mind if they were blue printed with a ridiculous purchase price of 500,000 credits.  Some way of having them being able to be grind-ed vs the current method of hoping and praying that I do not have to sleep or work during good alert times.

You really have to play the game a bit more.  I'm approx. 80 hours in and down to one artifact left.  Keep playing the alert missions and you'll get them eventually.

and randomized? no the alerts may be "random" but I've been on every day for two weeks and there has yet to be a potato or artifact in my time zone.

I'm not sure of your point here. How is it not random..?

There have most certainly been artifacts available "in your time zone" in the past two weeks. You may have not been online to play at that point in time but that does not discount the randomness of their nature.  It's just your bad luck with the RNG.

Edited by Kishward

I don't see why you couldn't buy a random artifact booster.  Contains n artifacts of random rarity for X platinum.  Seems like a good way to stop people being SUUUPER frustrated about never getting one, and make the devs some monies.

I wouldn't object to Platinum artifacts. I wouldn't buy them, but I wouldn't object. They should be fairly costly though, considering how useful they are. Somewhere in the $20-25 (150-165 Plat) range.

Your insane, the cash shop prices as it are stupidly high for almost anything. Very poor rl cash to platinum conversion. Its why I haven't spent yet, you just don't get much at all for your money.

Your insane, the cash shop prices as it are stupidly high for almost anything. Very poor rl cash to platinum conversion. Its why I haven't spent yet, you just don't get much at all for your money.

There is nothing wrong with the cash shop prices; you're just not really getting what they want you to buy...

They want you to spend money to unlock slots, buy cosmetic stuff and potatoes / boosters. The warframes and weapons cost so much because they want you to achieve them by play (hell, that's the bulk of what there is to do in this game). Buying gear with plat literally robs you of gameplay time, so they wanted the barrier to be high.

There is nothing wrong with the cash shop prices; you're just not really getting what they want you to buy...

They want you to spend money to unlock slots, buy cosmetic stuff and potatoes / boosters. The warframes and weapons cost so much because they want you to achieve them by play (hell, that's the bulk of what there is to do in this game). Buying gear with plat literally robs you of gameplay time, so they wanted the barrier to be high.

\Honestly only stuff i would buy atm, would prob be the classic saturated color pack, and catalyst/reactors and gear slots. mostly.