The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Frustrating

karnati

i have bought the glaive recently and it seems i cant hit the Crawlers(infested) properly as it bounces of the floor when i try to hit them and some times it even bounces of the infested and grineer too without causing them any damage  This is really frustrating as it takes quite a time to come back once thrown and you try to hit a minion and bounces of them and u end up dying before it reaches you again.

Thats because your not hosting. It wont do any damage if there is any lag when someone else hosts. Play alone and its fine.

but this is a co-op game right..and most people play to-gether and its boring to play solo

but this is a co-op game right..and most people play to-gether and its boring to play solo

Some weapons are better for solo play and some for co-op. I play both and enjoy both as equal. Just make sure your hosting if your using glaive by starting the group and having others join you. Im not saying dont play together:)

Solo play with Glaive http://youtu.be/t3bUP1rkdeY 

i think thats the whole point of the gliave to bounce off walls and come back like a bomerang, so you have to be creative with the weapon to kill those infested. And btw do you have any mods equiped? or is it a new glaive and also start off with a low level map if it new. you have to get use to the weapons to say if its good or bad.

i think thats the whole point of the gliave to bounce off walls and come back like a bomerang, so you have to be creative with the weapon to kill those infested. And btw do you have any mods equiped? or is it a new glaive and also start off with a low level map if it new. you have to get use to the weapons to say if its good or bad.

no my glaive is lvl 21 and well moded...yeah bounce is good when it hits a wall or something but not when you hit an minion and it bounces of after hitting the minion with NO DAMAGE

i have bought the glaive recently and it seems i cant hit the Crawlers(infested) properly as it bounces of the floor when i try to hit them and some times it even bounces of the infested and grineer too without causing them any damage  This is really frustrating as it takes quite a time to come back once thrown and you try to hit a minion and bounces of them and u end up dying before it reaches you again.

Never have this case. Crawlers are easy pies. Their movement speed is so slow that you can just walk up to them and toss it in their face (with appropriate distance from Toxics).

It's a latency issue when you're not hosting, yes.

Just ran a couple of alerts with Corpus, and both games have a good 1-2 second lag spike.  In both games, I couldn't even kill ANY of the cameras with the Glaive (tried about 10 times on 3 separate cameras).  In the second game, where the lag is slightly worse, I couldn't even kill any moa or crewmen when standing 2 feet in front of them and tossing the glaive.  It just bounces off without doing anything.

Yes it is a co-op game, however that does not dismiss the fact that when you are playing solo versions of any games it will have significantly better results than done in multiplayer. This is not to coerce you into being a solo player, it's just a fact of how games tend to run.

Glaive is a new concept.

Atm, it seems fun and requires more higher skill level to use (though not as effective as existing weapons), it will definitely have problems (or bugs) that require fixing. It's beta. I think as a first release (of a new weapon concept), it is still ok.

btw, did you file this as a bug? (it seems to be more bug than just weapon feedback)

Glaive is a new concept.

Atm, it seems fun and requires more higher skill level to use (though not as effective as existing weapons), it will definitely have problems (or bugs) that require fixing. It's beta. I think as a first release (of a new weapon concept), it is still ok.

btw, did you file this as a bug? (it seems to be more bug than just weapon feedback)

Glaive is an old concept from the time of Dark Sector. There, the Glaive is more usable and responsive, cutting through enemies and all that jazz. Here, the Glaive just bounces off an enemy, making multihits a practical disaster.

Glaive is an old concept from the time of Dark Sector. There, the Glaive is more usable and responsive, cutting through enemies and all that jazz. Here, the Glaive just bounces off an enemy, making multihits a practical disaster.

btw. I don't mean the lore/idea etc. I mean the implementation in the current engine. Unless Warframe is based on Dark Sector (I have not played that one before, so I really don't know).

smithf, on 02 May 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

btw. I don't mean the lore/idea etc. I mean the implementation in the current engine. Unless Warframe is based on Dark Sector (I have not played that one before, so I really don't know).

Warframe is based on what Dark Sector should've been. We don't have to talk about the Dark Sector that actually got published, as it's severely changed from what DE wanted it to be by ignorant publishers.

The glaive is mechanically pretty different from the one from Dark Sector (which was a primary weapon and required to kill bosses from what I could tell watching playthroughs on youtube), and it couldn't be made exactly like the Dark Sector one or it'd be WAAAAAY too op.

The Glaive works fine, if you're experienceing the bug with lag between you and the host either host games yourself, or learn to compensate by skipping the Glaive across the ground before letting it impact an enemy. It takes practice to get right but can be very rewarding, ive used it to deal heaps of damage to high level Ancient Disrupters and probably save my life with a little of luck and knowledge of how it bounces around.

Things to keep in mind, it bounces based on where it hits the enemy largely in relation to their 'core' so i fyou hit the top of an enemy it will skip upwards, their feet downwards, left to the left right to the right, if the Glaive impacts the player again it will be caught, even if it hasn't made 3 bounces yet. You can bounce it off of walls using the same angles as enemies, except its up or down path is based more on the shape of the object you hit unlike enemies. After 3 bounces it returns to the player and will cut through anything, allowing you to mow down multiple enemies. It returns to the player's arm, so crouching will actually make its flight path lower (all be it only a small amount).

The Glaive works fine, if you're experienceing the bug with lag between you and the host either host games yourself, or learn to compensate by skipping the Glaive across the ground before letting it impact an enemy. It takes practice to get right but can be very rewarding, ive used it to deal heaps of damage to high level Ancient Disrupters and probably save my life with a little of luck and knowledge of how it bounces around.

Things to keep in mind, it bounces based on where it hits the enemy largely in relation to their 'core' so i fyou hit the top of an enemy it will skip upwards, their feet downwards, left to the left right to the right, if the Glaive impacts the player again it will be caught, even if it hasn't made 3 bounces yet. You can bounce it off of walls using the same angles as enemies, except its up or down path is based more on the shape of the object you hit unlike enemies. After 3 bounces it returns to the player and will cut through anything, allowing you to mow down multiple enemies. It returns to the player's arm, so crouching will actually make its flight path lower (all be it only a small amount).

Big thanks!

Big thanks!

No problem, just remember practice makes perfect, it took me until i ranked it up to level 30 and then some before I felt I really got the hang of it, and I still don't get it to do everything I want it to do every time, (though I'm far more consistant than I was before)

You shouldn't have to do this though. Why make the glaive so broken unless the player hosting? I find it won't leave my hand at times and other times it does no damage or just bounces right off enemies with no damage, unless I host. I'm not saying I can't skip the ground; I'm saying it's ridiculous to expect players to fix a glaring problem with the game themselves. I hope they mention this in the next livestream; very interested in DE's feedback.

Edited by DaClamps