The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lackluster Login Bonuses

Mourneblade

About the only time I have ammo trouble is with a Gorgon since it's effectively a LMG bullet hose for the most part. Still some of the rewards are lacking but then they don't have a whole lot to pull from at this stage for a login reward. Supposedly someone said theres a tiny chance at getting plat as a login reward. Though I think some people would just be happy to get some of the rare mats used for some blueprints like Neurodes, Orokin Cells, Control Module, etc. Those ones that only drop in quantities of 1 and show up very rarely.

The login roulette shares the same purpose as the in-store credit cards that various chains implement - to encourage the continued loyalty of the user/customer. To do that, the offer being made has to be practical and useful to some extent. I'm not saying they should start dishing out Reactors and Catalysts willy-nilly, but as it stands the Tier 3 rewards simply do not cut it.

Also, someone got a @(*()$ Ember frame out of it? Jesus, I didn't even know that was possible. I put in a considerable amount of time and effort to make mine. That irks me.

You have to buy something to get a stamp on a loyalty card, and the credit lines charge interest. Therefore they are not ways to get people into the store, they are to "reward" purchases.

The login bonus is fine as is. People complaining about free stuff makes zero sense.

Edited by KGeddon

You have to buy something to get a stamp on a loyalty card, and the credit lines charge interest. Therefore they are not ways to get people into the store, they are to "reward" purchases.

The login bonus is fine as is. People complaining about free stuff makes zero sense.

People complaining about others making complaints makes even less sense. Do you feel that you somehow have the power to change the minds of those who disagree with you by voicing your compulsory dissent? The Internet must be a frustrating place for you. Then again, I'm just flogging the deceased equine here, aren't I?

Regardless, I've spent a few quid in game. These "stamps on my loyalty card" amount to exactly nothing when my only rewards are garbage items or nothing at all, ergo, the reason for the suggestion of changing said system.

People complaining about others making complaints makes even less sense. Do you feel that you somehow have the power to change the minds of those who disagree with you by voicing your compulsory dissent? The Internet must be a frustrating place for you. Then again, I'm just flogging the deceased equine here, aren't I?

Regardless, I've spent a few quid in game. These "stamps on my loyalty card" amount to exactly nothing when my only rewards are garbage items or nothing at all, ergo, the reason for the suggestion of changing said system.

I made the point that most "incentives" listed in this thread reward purchase, not presence.

I also made the point that free is free. You cannot claim that you did not get your monies worth, when you paid nothing for it.

Then you proceeded to whine.

Don't argue, just accept the uselessness of this thread.

I made the point that most "incentives" listed in this thread reward purchase, not presence.

I also made the point that free is free. You cannot claim that you did not get your monies worth, when you paid nothing for it.

It was a dumb point. This is a free game, f2p games go on the premise that people will spend as they like, so more so than other business models, incentivizing people to login and stay logged in is important. The longer people play the game, the more likely they are to spend money.

I still uphold my opinion about PSO2 having the best log-in reward system. Peoplw wanting a small chance for reactors are just too much as that item is highly valued.

There already is a chance for reactors in the login bonus :|

Edited by Aggh

The longer people play the game, the more likely they are to spend money.

Actually most players who are free players for an extended period of time stay free because they realize they can get by without paying or have no desire to pay. The determining factor in getting more sales is getting more new people to try your game. A lot of people jump in, like the concept, spend some money, and quit.

Edited by MegatechBody

It was a dumb point. This is a free game, f2p games go on the premise that people will spend as they like, so more so than other business models, incentivizing people to login and stay logged in is important. The longer people play the game, the more likely they are to spend money.

<shrug> It was a valid, legitimate point.

Rewarding purchases encourages purchases. This is a valid real life business model.

Rewarding login encourages logging in. However, rewarding login excessively DISCOURAGES purchases. The login rewards as they stand generate an infinite amount of return for the player, as they spend nothing on them. Even a tiny chance at a reactor/plat is pure profit.

It's fine as it. /thread.

Actually most players who are free players for an extended period of time stay free because they realize they can get by without paying or have no desire to pay. The determining factor in getting more sales is getting more new people to try your game. A lot of people jump in, like the concept, spend some money, and quit.

The thing is, most people don't stay free players :|

The thing is, most people don't stay free players :|

Most will. There are currently only 5 things that require plat. Warframe slots, weapon slots, color picker extension, credit boosts, and affinity boosts.

Credit boosts. Meh.

Affinity boosts. Meh.

Warframe slots. Meh.

Weapon slots. Meh.

Color picker. Meh.

No compelling buys here. Especially considering you are given 50 plat on account creation.

Edited by KGeddon

Most will. There are currently only 5 things that require plat. Warframe slots, weapon slots, credit boosts, and affinity boosts.

Credit boosts. Meh.

Affinity boosts. Meh.

Warframe slots. Meh.

Weapon slots. Meh.

Color picker. Meh.

No compelling buys here. Especially considering you are given 50 plat on account creation.

Slots. At one point or another if you want to continue getting new stuff in this game you will have to buy slots. Reactors and catalysts don't drop so often that people won't feel the need to spend money on them either.

Edited by Aggh

Amazing how condescending and comanding you get when someone calls you. No one here is "whining" and I certainly don't believe that whatever dogmatic belief you have that allows you to be right and unquestioned deserves to be observed or respected by anyone else on this thread. I feel as if you are beginning to become a bit emotionally compromised concerning this topic, good sir. Perhaps you should take a break and have a cigarette to calm down?

It was a dumb point. This is a free game, f2p games go on the premise that people will spend as they like, so more so than other business models, incentivizing people to login and stay logged in is important. The longer people play the game, the more likely they are to spend

^ this basically sums it up. Your point was simply an arrogant opine that you seem to share with the minority. Providing USEFUL incentives for consecutively logging in and playing the game makes way for greater advantages when marketing in-game purchasables to the player base. By saying that the incentives are fine the way they are because we get at least something for free is a moot point when often times there is no reward dispensed by the system, i.e. exp for maxed weapons/frames or ammo for weapons that the player does not want or own. This has been pointed out many times so far in this thread, but then that's where reading skills come into play.

Amazing how condescending and comanding you get when someone calls you. No one here is "whining" and I certainly don't believe that whatever dogmatic belief you have that allows you to be right and unquestioned deserves to be observed or respected by anyone else on this thread. I feel as if you are beginning to become a bit emotionally compromised concerning this topic, good sir. Perhaps you should take a break and have a cigarette to calm down?

Is there a valid reason why the free login reward should be increased in quality? Or is just trying to cadge as much as possible?

Here's a reason: more often than not the reward itself is useless.

Sweepstakes for purchases at a mall in Japan.

1: 1,000 dollar prize.

999: White ball that earns you a pocket pack of tissues. The same pocket packs that are given away for free with advertising. They are so common many ramen shops use them instead of napkins. You can fill your pockets with them walking past a few pachinko parlors/cel phone stores/real estate agencies.

And this is for PURCHASES.

Sweepstakes for purchases at a mall in Japan.

1: 1,000 dollar prize.

999: White ball that earns you a pocket pack of tissues. The same pocket packs that are given away for free with advertising. They are so common many ramen shops use them instead of napkins. You can fill your pockets with them walking past a few pachinko parlors/cel phone stores/real estate agencies.

And this is for PURCHASES.

The difference is that a game doesn't need to advertise itself once you're playing. Once you're logged in, it's in their best interest to keep you logged in. It means that you're more likely to spend money and at the same time you're not playing a competitor's game. You're comparing apples to oranges.

The difference is that a game doesn't need to advertise itself once you're playing. Once you're logged in, it's in their best interest to keep you logged in. It means that you're more likely to spend money and at the same time you're not playing a competitor's game. You're comparing apples to oranges.

So they'll make more money by giving everything away for free. Smart.

What does it cost them to give whatever this item is away? If you're going to say "lost sales" you might as well blame piracy for as much proof you'll have.

<shrug> Every icon on a slot machine represents a winner. What's your point?

That's what the whole damn business model is based on. The fact that you think that's ridiculous just shows that you don't understand what you're talking about.

Edited by Aggh

So you have all your gear maxed out. 2 Frames, 8 weapons. There's new content that you can't get without deleting your rank 30 items with Catalysts and Reactors installed. You've spent time and effort leveling your items, you've only kept the absolute best stuff, but there's more things that you want to get.

How do you get access to new content without losing your gear?

I'll wait for you to figure it out.

So you're paying for the daily bonus now? What's yours?

I got a box of sniper ammo last night. Hoping for 500 xp on my maxed out frame tonight. I don't sweat either of them, as I'm only really interested in the rare drops.

So you have all your gear maxed out. 2 Frames, 8 weapons. There's new content that you can't get without deleting your rank 30 items with Catalysts and Reactors installed. You've spent time and effort leveling your items, you've only kept the absolute best stuff, but there's more things that you want to get.

How do you get access to new content without losing your gear?

I'll wait for you to figure it out.

And so what will they sell so they can make money to eat while you play for free in your spare time?